Logan City Council can provide work experience for people undertaking educational training at school (grade 11 & 12 only), TAFE, or university.
The number and timing of work experience people accepted into a branch depends on the ability of the work area to provide effective on-the-job experience. There is no remuneration during the work experience period.
If we receive more work experience requests than can be placed, preference is given to schools and institutions within the Logan area and to students residing in Logan. Please note, a minimum 4 weeks lead time for placement is requested.
Email your request for work experience to Council.
Requests should contain the following information:
- Your contact details including your address and contact telephone number (during business hours)
- The type of work experience you are looking for
- Start and finish dates for the work experience period
- The name of your school/college/university and a contact name and telephone number at the establishment (if appropriate)
- Proof of public liability coverage (if appropriate)
- Your resume if applicable (this may support your application)
- Any transcript results (if applicable).
For work experience in any of Logan's Libraries contact the branches directly. Please follw this link to find a library near you.
Council will endeavour to respond to your work experience request at the earliest time possible.
For any further questions in relation to work experience please don't hesitate to contact the People and Culture branch on 07 3412 5185.