Severe weather update - 10.30am, Saturday 21 February
Published: 21 February 2015
The Bureau of Metrology have issued a severe thunderstorm warning for destructive wind and heavy rainfall.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Avoid driving, walking or riding through flood waters.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au