Investment Attraction Incentives
Logan City Council has developed the Investment Attraction Incentives Fund is a discretionary scheme to secure suitable development investment in target industries to stimulate economic and community benefits including:-
- create new jobs;
- create direct value-add through construction and operations;
- catalyse growth in a key strategic area; and
- support growth of other companies.
Targeted industries are:-
- advanced manufacturing;
- transport and logistics;
- health and medical;
- professional and business services;
- emerging and innovative industries;
- agricultural and bio-technology; and
- tourism infrastructure.
- project creates significant net economic and community benefit;
- minimum capital investment of $2 million;
- project creates a minimum of 10 full time equivalent jobs;
- project is contestable;
- proven commercial viability;
- current operational business of more than 2 years; and
- project does not cause detriment to existing businesses.
There are also infrastructure charges deferrals available for eligible developments as follows:-
- 3.5 to 5 star rated hotel accommodation;
- eligible developments in the Springwood Economic Zone with the maximum amount of the deferral is the lesser of $1 million dollars per development or up to 100% of the applicable infrastructure charges levied against the development approval capped at $1 million dollars;
- eligible developments in the Beenleigh Economic Zone with the maximum amount of the deferral is the lesser of $1 million dollars per development or up to 100% of the applicable infrastructure charges levied against the development approval capped at $1 million dollars; and
- a maximum of 50% of the adopted charges levied for a development approval (capped to a maximum of $40,000 per application) may be deferred by Council for eligible not-for-profit or charitable organisations including not-for-profit community based, charitable, religious or other organisations determined by Council.
Streamlined services: Council offers services to shorten assessment timeframes and provide greater certainty for customers including One Stop Shop for major development proposals.
For more information please contact our Investment Attraction team on +61 7 3412 4888 or by email.