Educational Resource Kit
Logan, past and present
The Educational Resource Kit has been compiled to assist teachers and students who are studying the local area. It provides resource material such as photographs, advertisements, newspaper articles and reminiscences which were selected to provide an insight into the lives of people of this region, past and present. It also provides activities and worksheets for students. The section on 'How Logan Has Changed' is accompanied by a CD.
There are six main topics including two field trips, plus notes for teachers. Some material will suit primary students while some is more advanced and would be suitable for secondary students.
The kit is not intended to be a history of the City of Logan. For people wishing to consult a history or read more about this interesting area a bibliography is supplied with the notes for teachers.
Download the Educational Resource Kit:
- Overview (PDF 637 KB)
- Section 1: Children - At school, at home, at work (PDF 530 KB)
- Section 2: Aboriginal culture and an excursion to Yugambeh Museum (PDF 225 KB)
- Section 3: An excursion to Mayes Cottage (PDF 902 KB)
- Section 4: How Logan has changed (PDF 180 KB)
- Section 5: Logan people, Logan stories (PDF 427 KB)
- Section 6: Eyewitness Accounts (PDF 561 KB)
- Bibliography (PDF 49 KB)