Logan: City of Choice
Logan: City of Choice Leadership Team announced
On Monday the 21st of January 2013, the Mayor Of Logan, Cr Pam Parker, and the Premier of Queensland, Campbell Newman MP, jointly announced a partnership approach to the delivery of the Logan: City of Choice Summit.
The Summit brought together key stakeholders from the community, business and government to identify key priorities and opportunities across five key themes being:
- Social infrastructure
A key outcome of the Summit is the Logan: City of Choice Draft Two-Year Action Plan (PDF 2569 KB) which outlines key findings from the Summit for the purpose of seeking feedback from key stakeholders.
To finalise and help drive the delivery of the Logan: City of Choice Draft Two-Year Action Plan Council is supporting the establishment of a Leadership Team.
A selection panel was established to select the most suitably qualified and experienced applicants. The selection panel consisted of representatives from the Queensland Council of Social Services Inc (QCOSS), the Local Government Association of Queensland (LGAQ), one representative from each of the three levels of government and an independent chairperson.
The following people have accepted positions on the Logan: City of Choice Leadership Team.
- Gail Ker, CEO, Access Community Services Ltd.
- Wesley Enoch, Artistic Director, Queensland Theatre Company
- Glenda Stanley, Pacific Islander Liaison Officer, Griffith University
- Catherine Bartolo, CEO, Youth and Family Service (Logan City) Inc.
Subject matter experts
- Lesley Chenoweth, Head of Campus, Griffith University
- Adrian Pisarski, Executive Officer, Queensland Shelter
- Matthew Cox, Group Manager, Community Services Queensland, Australian Red Cross
- Glen Elmes MP, Minister for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Multicultural Affairs and Minister Assisting the Premier.
- Bert van Manen MP, Federal Member for Forde
- The Mayor or her delegate
- Jude Munro, former CEO, Brisbane City Council
To learn more about the members of the Logan: City of Choice Leadership team, individual profiles can be accessed below.
The first tasks of the Leadership Team will be to finalise the draft Action Plan and establish a process and structure for its implementation. More information will be provided on these important milestones once the Leadership Team meet and action these tasks.
Council would like to acknowledge the hard work of countless people from the community, business and government who provide their time and energy in contributing to the development of the draft Action Plan, and who expressed their interest in participating on the Leadership Team.
For more information on the Logan: City of Choice Leadership Team on 3412 3412.