Logan: City of Choice
Logan: City of Choice Initiative
Since the Logan: City of Choice Summit held in February 2013, there have been many highlights relating to the City of Choice initiative, including:
- The development of the Logan: City of Choice Two-Year Action Plan based on the action plans drafted at the summit and and pre-summit engagement activities.
- The establishment of the City of Choice Leadership Team.
- The development of a State of the City report to help guide future action planning and support advocacy as part of the City of Choice initiative.
- A range of funding achievements including new programs/services and an injection of new funding and resources to Logan City.
The Logan: City of Choice Leadership Team
The City of Choice Leadership Team has been established to finalise and drive the implementation of the Logan: City of Choice Two-Year Action Plan. The Leadership Team comprises of:
- Gail Ker, CEO, Access Community Services Ltd.
- Wesley Enoch, Artistic Director, Queensland Theatre Company
- Catherine Bartolo, CEO, Youth and Family Service (Logan City) Inc.
Subject matter experts
- Lesley Chenoweth, Head of Campus, Griffith University
- Adrian Pisarski, Executive Officer, Queensland Shelter
- Matthew Cox, Group Manager, Community Services Queensland, Australian Red Cross
- Deborah Lanham, Senior Consultant Human Resources, Snap Fresh Pty Ltd
- Glen Elmes MP, Minister for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Multicultural Affairs and Minister Assisting the Premier
- Bert van Manen MP, Federal Member for Forde
- The Mayor or her delegate
- Jude Munro, former CEO, Brisbane City Council
Logan: City of Choice Action Plan (2013-2015)
The Logan: City of Choice Two-Year Action Plan (2013-2015) has been finalised by the City of Choice Leadership Team.
The Leadership Team and Logan City Council endorsed the final action plan as a working document and is provided below:
The Leadership Team undertook a thorough review of the draft action plan, refining and re-organising actions where appropriate. This work has ensured that the final action plan is targeted and focused on achieving real outcomes, while ensuring that the strategic intent of the original actions are still well captured.
A rationale for amendments to the Draft Logan: City of Choice Two-Year Action Plan is provided below:
Key achievements to date
Several achievements and projects that directly relate to the City of Choice initiative are outlined below:
State of the City report
A State of the City report has been developed by the Leadership Team and Logan City Council to help guide future action planning and advocacy as part of the City of Choice initiative.
The State of the City report is a comprehensive profile of Logan City across a range of social and economic indicators with regional, state and national comparisons. The report aligns closely with the City of Choice Action Plan to help measure changes and outcomes driven by the City of Choice intiative and related initiatives and strategies.
Where to from here?
The Leadership Team is committed to delivering positive outcomes for Logan throughout 2014 and 2015 as part of the City of Choice initiative. The team will focus on collaborating closely with community, business, Local, State and Federal Governments to drive and deliver the action plan.
The team looks forward to working with all stakeholders to build a stronger and more vibrant Logan City for all to enjoy.