Logan Together: getting organised for action
Published: 22 February 2016
The Logan Together team has released its Framework for Action, which sets out how it will scope, design and execute the strategies identified in the Logan Together Foundation Roadmap.
The Framework for Action also outlines how the team will prioritise its work and measure the initiative's impact over time.
Logan Together will put the ideas in the Roadmap into action via a coordinated series of Action Groups that take carriage of an individual project or cluster of projects. The team will be convening these Project Action Groups from February onwards, so stay tuned.
Some of these Action Groups will align neatly to the agenda of one Logan Together Chapter. Others are crosscutting, relating to many areas of work. For more details, you can download the Logan Together Framework for Action Framework (http://logantogether.org.au/getting-organised-for-action-2/)
The last six months of 2015 were a whirlwind of activity for the Logan Together project, and locals are encouraged to get involved as the campaign builds momentum in 2016.
Thanks to community members, funders and industry and government partners, more than 1,000 people are already actively helping create the best life opportunities for Logan kids.
Logan Together partners launched a number of fantastic initiatives in 2015 that will make a big difference for our kids, including:
- Communities for Children's partnership with Kingston State School to foster social and emotional wellbeing
- Education Queensland's teacher training school of excellence
- Yugumbir State School's neighbourhood networks with feeder kindies and child care centres
- Access Community Services' work with five local schools to open school hubs
- First 5 Forever language and early literacy program in Logan City Council Libraries
- Metro South Health's new family mental health and drug and alcohol support program
- the world’s best practice Abecedarian child development training rolled out across the community.
It's only the start of Logan Together's 10-year campaign with so much more to come for this whole-of-community initiative.
Stay tuned for more information on Under 8's Week activities in May 2016, when beloved children’s author Mem Fox will make a special guest appearance at the Logan Entertainment Centre.
Families are encouraged to subscribe to the Logan Together e-newsletter, to stay up to date on campaign activities.
Logan Together is an initiative of the Logan: City of Choice Two-Year Action Plan 2013-2015.