Logan City Council encourages you to get involved in Neighbour Day, Australia’s annual celebration of community held in March each year. It is the perfect opportunity to invite your neighbours over for chat, organise a BBQ in the street or game of soccer in a nearby park.
Connecting with the people who live around us helps to create a strong, safe community where we look out for each other.
There are many benefits to organising and participating in Neighbour Day activities, including:
- Meeting like-minded people
- Developing new friendships
- Learning more about our diverse community
- Creating a sense of security for elderly and vulnerable people who may be feeling lonely or socially isolated
- Building a supportive community where you feel comfortable asking someone to keep an eye on your home, collect your mail, take your bins in or even feed your pets if you are away.
Together we can create a community that is welcoming, kind and supportive.
Activities in your neighbourhood
Although Neighbour Day has finished for another year, you are welcome to visit your local centre to get involved in the free programs, activities and events available to you.
The City of Logan has a vibrant network of neighbourhood and community centres, with each centre offering residents and visitors an array of activities and services.All centres are accessible and friendly, offering an array of activities for individuals, families, parents, children, youth, older persons and cultural groups.