Working Together Grants
An initiative of Logan Community Bank® branches of Bendigo Bank and Logan City Council, the Working Together grants provide funding to deliver projects in the City of Logan to meet an identified community priority area through a predetermined theme.
The objectives of the grant program are:
- To support projects and activities that respond to a pre-determined theme in an identified community priority area.
- To create opportunities for the community to be engaged and benefit from a meaningful program in the City of Logan.
Round 1 2018 Theme: Men's Health
We invite organisations to apply for up to $4000 to deliver projects that provide an opportunity to enhance the health of men, boys and their families living in the City of Logan.
Projects can explore different ways men and boys can keep healthy, physically and emotionally.
Why Men's Health?
- 49.5% of the population living in Logan are male.
- Men take their own lives 4 times more than the rate of women (that's 5 a day nationally!)
- 1 in 2 men experience mental health at some point in their lives.
- Compared to women, men visit the doctor less frequently, have shorter visits, and only attend when their illness is in its later stages.
- Indigenous males are 3 times more likely to have a potentially preventable hospitilisation as non-Indigenous males.
- 60% of men do not feel like they a part of a community
References: ABS (2015), beyondblue (2014) and the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (2017).
Available funding and themes
You can apply for a grant up to a maximum of $4,000 per round for projects that meet the identified theme.
Each round of the grants will have a different theme that is determined based on community feedback and engagement.
|Funding Round||Applications Open||Applications Close||Outcome Advised|
|Round 1 2018||19 February 2018||18 March 2018||June 2018|
|Round 2 2018||16 July 2018||12 August 2018||November 2018|
- Projects must address the identified theme per round.
- Projects must be delivered within the Logan City boundaries.
- Applications cannot be for one-off events.
- Applicants must be not-for-profit incorporated organisation, or be auspiced by a not-for-profit organisation that is incorporated and able to accept legal and financial responsibility for the project or activity
- Applicants must hold current public liability insurance for $20 million
- Applicants must hold an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Applicants must have no outstanding acquittals or debts with Council
- Applicants must hold Working with Children and Young People Blue Cards when applying for projects where staff will work with children and young people
How to apply
Projects considered for funding must occur within the City of Logan and relate to the theme of "Men's Health".
Before applying, please read the Working Together Grants guidelines to find information on the application process, assessment process, funding conditions and eligibility criteria.
To apply, please go to the online application form. When the round opens, you will be able to click the 'apply' button which will promote you to create a log in to begin your submission.
If you require more information please contact Council's Community Development Program on 3412 3412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Within your application you will need to provide supporting documentation including a project plan.
Further information and support
Grant Information Sessions
Council is provides free grant writing information sessions when each grant round opens. The workshops provide an opportunity to find out more about the Working Together grants and the Community Project Grants where you can receive advice and tips on writing a winning application.
Book and find out more about the Grant Information Sessions.
Grant Help Toolkit
Council in partnership with CPR Group have prepared a Grant Help Toolkit which provides an overview of the current grant programs that are offered by Logan City Council and helpful information to ensure your grant application produces a successful application.
If you would like to discuss your application, please contact Council's Community Development team on 3412 3412 or email email@example.com.
If English is not your preferred language please contact Council's Customer Service staff on 3412 3412 to access interpreter support in your preferred language.
For ABN enquiries please contact the Australian Taxation Office on 13 28 56 or visit www.ato.gov.au.
Be the Change
Want to do more? Logan Community Bank® branches of Bendigo Bank 'Be the Change' program sets out to capture the real and positive impact the banking of their local customers have on local people and organisations.
They connect their ‘real’ customers with members of the many different organisations that the Community Bank® branch has contributed money towards.
The Working Together Grants is an initiative of Logan Community Bank® branches of Bendigo Bank and Logan City Council.