Being ready to respond in the event of a major flood is everyone's responsibility.
An updated flood model has been prepared by Logan City Council to ensure our response to these events is well informed, planned and appropriate - and that we are all flood ready.
The updated flood model has been developed based on a 1% AEP (Annual Exceedance Probability) event - also known as a 100 year ARI (Average Recurrence Interval) event. This event has a one percent (one in 100) chance of being equalled or exceeded in any given year.
It uses the following updated and improved information:
- Updated rainfall and storm event information
- New mapping of land contours, hills and waterway locations
- Studies of local catchments previously not included in modelling data
- Assessment of various rainfall events and the potential volume of water involved
- New modelling technology providing a greater quality and increased reliability of modelling output.
Interactive mapping tool
View your property on Council's interactive mapping tool. To review the flood mapping for your property, select the "Overlays" box in the menu to the left of the map. You can "deselect" other overlays as required.View interactive map
- Check the flood risk to your property by clicking on the link to the flood mapping on the interactive map above
- Prepare a emergency plan that includes decisions about whether or not you should evacuate during a major rainfall event, when to evacuate, what to take and whom to notify. You should consider not just flooding to your property but also possible cuts to key access roads and other facilities.
- Act according to your emergency plan during a major rainfall event, following the advice of Council and emergency service providers.
- If all or part of your property is highlighted blue in the flood maps, it has been identified as at risk of being impacted by flooding. To gain a clearer understanding of the extent of the impact, Council advises you to review all available documentation on Council's Flood Ready Logan website, or contact Council on 3412 5900.
The following Flood-Ready Logan information is available to further explain the flood model, flood modelling and flood risk: