Logan City Emergency & Disaster Alliance
The Logan City Emergency & Disaster Alliance was formed by the Logan City Council to undertake a joint, coordinated approach with our emergency services and support agency partners to building resilience to emergencies and disasters within the Logan community.
- Logan City Council
- Logan City SES
- Emergency Management Queensland
- Queensland Police Service
- Queensland Fire and Rescue Service
- Australian Red Cross
- Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services
The Alliance's aim is to empower our community to prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters, through community education and other activities.
The Alliance's community education program includes conducting disaster management workshops with Logan community groups. The workshops cover:
- Understanding local hazards and how they are managed
- Understanding the roles of emergency services and support agencies, community groups and residents in emergencies and disasters (before, during and after)
- How to prepare for, respond to and recover from an emergency or disaster
- Where community members can go for further information
Interactive information sessions may be facilitated by a representative or number of representatives from the various Alliance member agencies, at a venue suitable to your group.
Logan community groups are invited to register their interest in arranging a workshop via email to email@example.com.
Logan residents can direct disaster management related enquiries to the Disaster Management team by phone on 3412 2038 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.