State Emergency Service (SES)
The State Emergency Service (SES) is a volunteer based organisation that provides support to the community in times of emergency and disaster.
Storm and flood emergencies
As SES have limited resources, please ensure that your situation is an emergency before you call. In an event, the SES may be overwhelmed with requests for assistance and may not be able to get to you for hours or possibly days.
Before calling the SES, consider whether you can help yourself by placing a bucket under a leak, repositioning furniture or placing a tarp over furniture.
You can call the SES for the following assistance during emergencies:
- Trees / branches down blocking access to your home
- Major flooding
- Access to tarpaulins for homes
- Access to sandbags
The SES is not available to undertake general maintenance on leaking roofs or cleaning blocked gutters during rain or severe weather events. If you rent your property, contact the owner or manager for maintenance issues. This should be done prior to the wet season..
The SES require the resident's permission to enter a property or access a roof.
Power may be turned off by the SES prior to accessing a roof. It will be your responsibility to reconnect the power.
All other emergencies
Phone triple (000) for other life threatening emergency situations.
Functions of the SES
In Logan, the major functions of the SES include:
- Provision of temporary storm damage repairs to private residences, including emergency roof tarping
- Assist in times of flood, including emergency sandbagging
- Other emergencies as required
Location of Logan SES depots
There are currently six (6) depots in Logan. They are located at the following addresses:
- Logan East: 26-36 Winnetts Road, Daisy Hill (Headquarters)
- Logan Central: 3 Garfield Road, Logan Central
- Logan Village: 1464 Waterford - Tamborine Road, Logan Village
- Logan West: 3812-3818 Mount Lindesay Highway, Park Ridge
- Beenleigh: 36 Martens Road, Beenleigh
- Jimboomba: 35 Matt Court, Jimboomba
In emergency or disaster situations, the SES offers sandbags and sand for residential customers. A limited supply of free sandbags (and sand) may be available for collection from designated SES depots during a storm or flood event.
Residents should contact SES on 132 500 to confirm which depots are active, and sandbag availability, as designated depots may be un-manned.
Designated SES depots include:
- 26-36 Winnetts Road, Daisy Hill
- 1464 Waterford - Tamborine Road, Logan Village
Logan City Council - Marsden Depot:
- 181 Chambers Flat Road, Marsden
Please note residents may be required to fill their own sandbags. Should any resident be unable to do so, contact the SES on 132 500 to make alternative arrangements.
Sandbags can also be purchased at major hardware stores, landscape supplies and other retailers. For information regarding the filling, laying and placement of sandbags, visit the Queensland Government's Disaster Management website.