Council is a member of the Food Safety Information Council, Australia's leading provider of consumer targeted food safety information. The Food Safety Information Council aims to reduce the number of Australians getting sick from food poisoning by providing simple, easy to follow information on the handling, storage and preparation of food.
Anaphylaxis Australia Inc (AAI) is the national advocacy and support organisation for all whose lives require information and support managing severe food allergies. Anaphylaxis Australia's role is pivotal to a wide cross section of stakeholders from individuals and their families through to the childcare industry, schools, government agencies, food manufacturers and the food service industry. Council has recently co branded 2 Anaphylaxis Australia Inc publications.
Food Safety Myths Competition
113 residents entered the online 'food safety myths' quiz to promote Australian Food Safety Week held from 12 to 18 November. Three winners of the $100.00 gift cards have been chosen at random and notified.
Are you a food handler or community event organiser involved with, or planning to be involved with, temporary food stalls for a community event in Logan?
Council will run free food safety education sessions to help people meet legislative requirements and minimise potential food safety risks.
The sessions will cover:
- Temperature control
- Waste management
If you require a licence for a temporary food stall, you will also have the opportunity to have your completed application form checked by an Environmental Health Officer on the day.
- Logan City Council
City Administration Centre
150 Wembley Road
Logan Central Qld 4114
- 18 June 2013
10 am - 11.30 am
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the course.
As numbers are limited, it is essential you book your place early. To make a booking or for further information, contact 07 3412 4407 or email EAP@logan.qld.gov.au. Please add 'food safety education session' in the subject field.
Fact sheets, brochures and posters
- Food safety at work and school (PDF 75 KB)
- Food safety tips for healthy holidays (PDF 40 KB)
- Knowing your fridge (PDF 218 KB)
- Shop with food safety in mind (PDF 244 KB)
- Food safety myths exposed (PDF 1071 KB)
- Listeria and food: the risk to people with weakened immune system (PDF 103 KB)
- How you cook can make you and others crook (PDF 1386 KB)
- Eating out with food allergies (PDF 242 KB)
- Food allergies serve meals safely (PDF 1070 KB)
- Nutritional information panel postcard (PDF 85 KB)
- Not invited advertisement
- The girlfriend advertisement
- Fridge tips
- Food preparation tips
- Cooler tips
- BBQ tips
- Hand washing tips
- Listeria - advice for people at risk
- Food safety experts warn home cooks not to wash raw chicken, issued by Food Safety Information Council Chairman on 12 November 2012.
- Australian Food Safety Week, issued by Councillor Lisa Bradley (Division 1) on 6 November 2012.
- Back to work and school, issued by the Food Safety Information Council Chairman on 24 January 2012
- Experts warn increasing number of Australians at risk from food poisoning, issued by the Food Safety Information Council Chairman on 7 November 2011.
- Food Safety Week Encourages Awareness, issued by Councillor Phil Pidgeon (Division 9) on 4 November 2011.