Discover free, fun activities in Logan and enjoy a happier and healthier lifestyle
Are you looking to improve your health and well-being? Are you currently unemployed or working on a part time or casual basis? Are you over 18 years old?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, you are invited to join a FREE Healthy Logan activity!
What is Healthy Logan?
Healthy Logan is an exciting initiative funded by the Australian Government.
The Healthy Logan Program aims to provide innovative and motivating services to improve the health of the community and reduce the rates of overweight and obese people within Logan.
The program aims to:
- Promote healthy living
- Provide opportunities to participate in physical activity
- Encourage healthy eating
- Support the community to lead healthier lifestyles
- Reduce the number of people who are overweight and obese within our community
Why should I get involved?
The Healthy Logan Program will provide opportunities for you to:
- Participate in free and accessible activities
- Feel happier and have an improved sense of well-being
- Reduce the effects of stress
- Increase your energy
- Reduce your risk of developing a chronic disease such a diabetes
- Opportunity to make new friends
- Become stronger and healthier
Want to lead a healthier lifestyle?
Take part in a FREE Healthy Logan Program and take advantage of the range of great activities.
Click on the program title for further information including available locations and dates.
|Austcycle||4 week program that provides cycle training for all ages and abilities||Logan PCYC
|BEAT IT||10 week physical activity and lifestyle program for people with or at risk of diabetes and other chronic lifestyle disease||Logan Metro Indoor Sports Centre
|Find out where your nearest walking group is and how you can start a new group in your area||Logan City Council
|garden2kitchen2garden||This program will teach you how to cook with healthy ingredients as well as explore economic gardening techniques that support a healthy lifestyle.||Caddies Community Centre
|Grow it. Live it. Eat it.||This program is targeted to the culturally and linguistically diverse community and aims to provide participants with the opportunity to learn how to lead healthier lifestyles through information sessions, gardening, cooking and shopping classes.||
Multilink Community Services Inc
|Physical Activity Programs||This program provides the opportunity to engage in physical activity through either the "sports taster program" or the "lift-off yoga program" for free.||
AustCycle is the national leader in providing cycle training to people of all ages and skill levels throughout the Australian community. Whether for fitness, fun or transport, AustCycle will give you the skills and confidence to get on your bike and ride more.
The AustCycle program is a 4 week course and is available for all abilities including beginner, intermediate and advance skill levels.
- When: 4 week course, Fridays, 9 am - 11 am
- Location: Meet at Logan PCYC, Jacaranda Avenue, Woodridge For specific program dates or to book, please contact Logan PCYC on 07 3342 1700
For further information visit the AustCycle website
Download the AustCycle (PDF 1318 KB) flyer for more information
BEAT IT is an innovative, tailored exercise and lifestyle management program designed to assist those with or at risk of diabetes or other chronic disease. BEAT IT helps you improve your health through awareness and physical activity.
BEAT IT classes are fun, safe and supportive. Classes start slowly and build up as you become more confident and your health and fitness improve. Classes are run twice weekly, with each class including a combination of aerobic and resistance training exercises. BEAT IT is a group based program, giving you the benefits of exercising with people just like you, and allowing you to motivate and support each other along the way.
For further information visit the BEAT IT website.
Download a BEAT IT leaflet (PDF 4177 KB).
There are number of existing walking groups in the Logan area that you can join for FREE.
To find a walking group near you visit Council's Walking page or the Heart Foundation website for an interactive map.
If you are interested in starting a new group please contact Council’s Community Services Branch on 07 3412 3412.
Download a Heart Foundation Walking leaflet (PDF 899 KB)
Healthy Lifestyle Programs
Conscious Cooking Classes
Come along to inspirational cooking classes that teach you to cook with healthy ingredients.
- When: Tuesdays
- Time: 11 am -1 pm
- Where: Caddies Community Centre, South Street Jimboomba
Grow Your Own Vegetables
This program will explore home gardening techniques and prepare you to be more sustainable, save money and support a healthy lifestyle.
- When: Wednesdays
- Time: 9am - 11am
- Where: Caddies Community Centre, South Street Jimboomba
To register into the garden2kitchen2garden program or for more information please contact Caddies Community Centre on 07 5547 8077 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is targeted to the culturally and linguistically diverse community and aims to provide participants with the opportunity to learn how to lead healthier lifestyles through information sessions, gardening, cooking and shopping classes.
Learn about the prevention and reduction of chronic diseases.
These healthy cooking classes will provide a range of classes that incorporate healthy foods to assist in the prevention and reduction of chronic diseases.
Learn gardening skills and techniques to be able to grow your own garden and learn about what types of foods that grow in Australia.
The shopping classes provide participants with information and ideas on where to find traditional food suppliers in Logan, food recognition as well how to shop for healthy food alternatives for all budgets.
For more information or any enquiries please contact Multilink Community Services Inc on 07 3808 4463
Physical Activity Programs
This program offers you the opportunity to engage in free physical activity through the Sports Taster program and the Lift-Off Yoga program.
Sports Taster Program
This program introduces you to a variety of sports by providing you with the opportunity to sample sports in a non-threatening environment for FREE.
For further information on sports offered and details of the program, please contact Reclink on 07 3412 7147.
Lift-Off Yoga Program
This program introduces you to the benefits of yoga as a soft impact exercise that is invigorating, promotes personal fitness and a healthy lifestyle and encourages stress management through meditation.
- When: Monday
- Time: 9 am
- Where: Beenleigh PCYC, Alamein Street, Beenleigh
- When: Fridays
- Time: 9.15 am-10.15 am
- Where: 38 Blackwood Road, Woodridge, Multilink Community Room
Contact Reclink to book and for further details on 3412 7147.
- Optimal Health Community Lifestyles Directory-This directory provides links to self-management support organisations, activities, service providers and groups in the community
- Active Logan - Discover low-cost activities across Logan in a fun, relaxed atmosphere
- Community Gardens - Council has created a Community Gardens Policy to assist and guide the community when establishing community gardens.
- Healthy Living Network - The Healthy Living Network is a registration portal that provides a list of quality registered activities, providers and programs in your local area.
- Healthy Eating - This site provides a wide range of information about healthy eating, including resources such as fact sheets and where to go if you need further advice.
- Diabetes Australia-Queensland - There are many programs for the community, people with diabetes and health professionals available through Diabetes Australia-Queensland.
- Weight Reduction Clubs of Queensland - There are many individual clubs across Queensland with the objective to offer support and encouragement to help you achieve weight-loss through maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Community Weight Loss Challenge - Join the Weight Loss Challenge today!
- Queensland Heart Foundation's Heartmoves - Helping all Australians stay active for life. Find a centre near you!
- Parkrun Australia - The website provides details of timed, 5km running events being held across Australia every week. A parkrun activity will be launched at the Logan River Parklands, Eagleby on Saturday 29 June at 7am.
How do I become involved?
To find out further information please contact us using the details below:
Phone: 07 3412 3412
This National Partnership Agreement on Preventative Health initiative was funded by the Australian Government.
Partners of Healthy Logan include: