Live Well Logan
Start your active and healthy lifestyle today by attending a free or low cost activity in the City of Logan. The Live Well Logan Program offers a variety of physical activities and healthy living programs for everyone to enjoy all year round. These activities are a great way to get active, enjoy our parks and local facilities, and meet new friends in your local community. There's something there for everyone, regardless of your age, gender, mobility or work schedule.
All Live Well Logan activities are:
- Free or low cost
- Designed to suit a variety of ages and abilities
- Delivered by qualified instructors in a safe and friendly environment
Expressions of Interest for Live Well Logan 2018/19 are now open
Are you passionate about working with the community to increase their health and wellbeing, quality of life, level of physical activity and to bring real change? Then we want YOU!
We are looking for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for our next program from 16 July 2018 to 30 June 2019. Please read the Live Well Logan EOI information sheet (PDF 953 KB) for more detail.
How do I apply?
There are two ways you can become a part of Live Well Logan.
- If you are already running a free or low cost health and wellbeing activity in Logan, we want to know about it and we will help you promote it to the community. Download the EOI form (PDF 953 KB) and tell us all about it by completing the application form on page 3.
- If you have an activity or idea and would like some start up funds to assist you, download the EOI form (PDF 953 KB) and fill out the forms from page 4.
Return your completed forms to email@example.com by 5pm, Monday 15 January 2018.
Do you have any questions?
We have compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions (PDF 134 KB) to assist in answering any questions you might have.
If your question isn’t found on this list or if you would like to have a chat about your idea, please feel free to contact Council's Community Services Branch on 3412 3412.
The current Live Well Logan program is effective from 10 July 2017 to 30 June 2018.
The Live Well Logan booklet (PDF 1821 KB) is available for download.
Changes to the Program
- Nia Dance at the Beenleigh Community Centre will now run on Tuesdays 11.30am-12.30pm from 30 January to 27 March 2018 and 17 April to 26 June 2018.
- Flagstone Youth Activity Night at Flagstone College on Fridays 6-8.30pm has been cancelled until further notice.
- Basketball at Darlington Parklands, Yarrabilba on Thursdays 4.30pm-6.30pm has been cancelled until further notice.
- Family Friendly Bootcamp at Yarrabilba on Wednesdays 10am to 10.45am has been cancelled until further notice.
- Soccer for Kids will now be held at Shailer Pioneer Park, 6-12 Harley St, Shailer Park on Tuesdays 4pm-5pm from 23 January to 27 June 2018.
- Wisdom Art Therapy will now occur on Thursday 25 January 2018 from 9.30am to 2.30pm (instead of 10 February 2018).
If you are attending a Live Well Logan activity for the first time, you will be required to complete a registration form prior to participation.
A copy of the registration form (PDF 83 KB) is available at every activity and here for completion. Please provide your completed form to the activity provider at the start of the session.
We want your ideas for Live Well Logan!
Council would like your ideas to make the next Live Well Logan program our best ever. By sharing your thoughts and ideas about physical activities and health and wellbeing programs you would like to enjoy in the City of Logan, you will go into the random draw to win a 4 Piece Non-Stick Cookware Set. Enter the survey by clicking here and answer four short questions for your chance to win!
Be Rewarded - Live Well Logan Reward Scheme
Participating in Council's Live Well Logan program can be even more rewarding! Join our reward scheme to go into a quarterly draw to win a Live Well Logan prize pack. All you need to do is:
- Collect a reward card from your activity provider.
- Gain a stamp for every Live Well Logan activity session you attend - you'll need 10 stamps to complete each reward card.
- Enter the draw by sending your completed reward card to us in the mail. Enter as many cards as you like, the more cards the better your chance of winning.
- Claim your Live Well Logan prize pack if you are successful in the quarterly draw. We'll notify you by phone if you're a winner.
- Enjoy showing off your awesome prize pack to your new friends as you continue having fun at Live Well Logan activities.
Privacy, terms and conditions of the Live Well Logan Reward Scheme are provided below:
Winners will be contacted by phone or email.
The Heart Foundation Local Government Awards recognise and showcase councils working to improve heart health through building a sense of community, encouraging people to be physically active, be smoke-free and make healthy food choices. Council has won the Queensland state award twice.
- State Winner Queensland 2015 - The Heart Foundation Local Government Awards (populations greater than 25,000). For details on Council’s award submission please visit this link: http://heartfoundation.org.au/programs/heart-foundation-local-government-awards
- State Winner Queensland 2013 - The Heart Foundation Local Government Awards (populations greater than 25,000)
For information about an activity contact the activity provider, for other enquiries contact Live Well Logan by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 3412 3412.
Related Council programs
- KRANK School Holiday Program - KRANK is a school holiday program for Logan residents aged 5-17 years and it is jam-packed with a huge variety of free and low cost activities and classes
- Walking Groups - walking is a great way to meet new people, see new places and be active and health.
- Community Gardening - Community gardens help to improve the health and wellbeing of the community, foster a sense of community, provide increased opportunity for social connectedness and intergenerational exchange and provide skills development and learning opportunities.
Useful links / Other community health programs
Benevolent Society - From playgroups and parenting education to family counselling and household budgeting. They can help you build strong family relationships and be the best mum and dad you can be. For specific local activities in Logan please visit the Browns Plains Facebook page.
Empower Yoga and Fitness - weekly yoga classes held in Yarrabilba and Greenbank.
Yoga Types: Hatha, Power Yoga, Power Vinyasa, Yin, Long Slow Deep Sequence (Yin), Core Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Assisting & Adjusting, Partner Yoga, Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Teacher, Mums ’n’ Bubs Yoga.
Active Chicks Fitness - various classes held at Underwood Park, Priestdale on all days of the week.
Girls, Get Active - offers a range of affordable, accessible and enjoyable physical activities for girls and women in the City of Logan. Begins on Tuesday 3 October 2017 and concludes on Saturday 2 June 2018.
My Health for Life - take your freerisk assessment today to see if you are eligible for a program that aims to assist participants to reduce their risk of developing chronic conditions such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke.