Live Well Logan
Start your active and healthy lifestyle today by attending a free or low cost activity in the City of Logan. The Live Well Logan Program offers a wide variety of physical activities and healthy living programs for everyone to enjoy. These activities are a great way to get active, enjoy our parks and local facilities, and meet new friends in your local community.
All Live Well Logan activities are:
- Free or $3
- Designed to suit a variety of ages and abilities
- Delivered by qualified instructors in a safe and friendly environment
The current Live Well Logan program is effective from 11 July 2016 until 25 June 2017.
The Live Well Logan program booklet (PDF 5011 KB) is available for download.
The Good Nutrition for Health and Vitality workshop that was scheduled to take place on Wednesday 31 May at Marsden Library has been cancelled.
Please note that the Heartmoves program is now called 'Move More... Live & Feel Better!'.
There is a new mobile contact number for Academy of Yang Tsin Su. It is now 0432 951 228.
The Mums and Bubs Bootcamp class on Monday's at Beenleigh are 45 minutes classes running from 9:30am - 10:15am.
Bo / Staff Dance is no longer operating in the program.
parkrun now also takes place at Underwood park on a Saturday morning at 7am.
If you are attending a Live Well Logan activity for the first time, you will be required to complete a registration form prior to participation.
A copy of the registration form (PDF 83 KB) is available at every activity and here for completion. Please provide your completed form to the activity provider at the start of the session.
Be Rewarded - Live Well Logan Reward Scheme
Participating in Council's Live Well Logan program just became even more rewarding! Join our new reward scheme to go into a monthly draw to win a Live Well Logan prize pack. All you need to do is:
- Collect a reward card from your activity provider.
- Gain a stamp for every Live Well Logan activity session you attend - you'll need 10 stamps to complete each reward card.
- Enter the draw by sending your completed reward card to us in the mail. Enter as many cards as you like, the more cards the better your chance of winning.
- Claim your Live Well Logan prize pack if you are successful in the monthly draw. We'll notify you by phone if you're a winner.
- Enjoy showing off your awesome prize pack to your new friends as you continue having fun at Live Well Logan activities.
Privacy, terms and conditions of the Live Well Logan Reward Scheme are provided below:
Winners will be contacted by phone or email.
Congratulations to all our lucky winners below. Your rewards packs have been sent to you in the mail! Enjoy your prize.
Congratulations to our three lucky winners Joy,Ines and Janelle. This month we had 42 entries!
The Heart Foundation Local Government Awards recognise and showcase councils working to improve heart health through building a sense of community, encouraging people to be physically active, be smoke-free and make healthy food choices. Council has won the Queensland state award twice.
- State Winner Queensland 2015 - The Heart Foundation Local Government Awards (populations greater than 25,000). For details on Council’s award submission please visit this link: http://heartfoundation.org.au/programs/heart-foundation-local-government-awards
- State Winner Queensland 2013 - The Heart Foundation Local Government Awards (populations greater than 25,000)
For information about an activity contact the activity provider, for other enquiries contact Live Well Logan by email to email@example.com or phone (07) 3412 3412.
Related Council programs
- KRANK School Holiday Program - KRANK is a school holiday program for Logan residents aged 5-17 years and it is jam-packed with a huge variety of free and low cost activities and classes
- Walking Groups - walking is a great way to meet new people, see new places and be active and health.
- Community Gardening - Community gardens help to improve the health and wellbeing of the community, foster a sense of community, provide increased opportunity for social connectedness and intergenerational exchange and provide skills development and learning opportunities.
Useful links / Other community health programs
Badminton - Weekly badminton classes. Catered for all ages and abilities.
Benevolent Society - From playgroups and parenting education to family counselling and household budgeting. They can help you build strong family relationships and be the best mum and dad you can be. For specific local activities in Logan please visit the Browns Plains Facebook page.
Empower Yoga and Fitness - weekly yoga classes held in Yarrabilba and Greenbank.
Yoga Types: Hatha, Power Yoga, Power Vinyasa, Yin, Long Slow Deep Sequence (Yin), Core Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Assisting & Adjusting, Partner Yoga, Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Teacher, Mums ’n’ Bubs Yoga.