Safe City Logan Symposium
Through the City of Logan Safe City Strategy and Action Plan 2016 – 2020 (PDF 13244 KB), Council has committed to delivering the Community Safety Symposium initiative annually until 2020.
The initiative, established in 2015 and hosted at Griffith University Logan Campus, brings together a range of specialised and expert speakers who aim to increase awareness and education to vested members of the City of Logan community on priority safety issues.
Council with key stakeholders have already delivered two successful annual Symposiums which each focused on topical community safety issues.
2018 Safe City Logan Symposium
The 2018 Safe City Logan Symposium will be held on Thursday, 17 May 2018, at Griffith University - Logan Campus and will focus on contemporary and pertinent matters relating to the use of crystal methamphetamine.
Registrations are now open!
The Symposium Program (PDF 6846 KB) will provide attendees with a unique opportunity to hear from renowned professionals working in the drug and alcohol sector. Key themes include:
- the history of crystal methamphetamine in Australia,
- the health, financial and social impacts associated with the use of crystal methamphetamine; and
- the collective response by industry professionals, government and community to address these impacts currently and into the future.
Who can attend?
- Industry professionals working in the drug and alcohol sector;
- Students of criminology, health, human/social services, or a like discipline; and
- Members of the Logan community who have an interest in this year's theme.
For further information contact Council's Community Services Branch:
P: (07) 3412 4303