Safe City Logan Symposium
Through the City of Logan Safe City Strategy and Action Plan 2016 – 2020 (PDF 13244 KB), Council has committed to delivering the Community Safety Symposium initiative annually until 2020.
The initiative, established in 2015 and hosted at Griffith University Logan Campus, brings together a range of specialised and expert speakers who aim to increase awareness and education to vested members of the City of Logan community on priority safety issues.
Council with key stakeholders have already delivered two successful annual Symposiums which each focused on topical community safety issues.
2018 Safe City Logan Symposium
The 2018 Safe City Logan Symposium will be held on Thursday, 17 May 2018, at Griffith University - Logan Campus and will focus on contemporary and pertinent matters relating to the use of crystal methamphetamine.
Symposium attendees will be provided with a unique opportunity to hear from renowned professionals working in the drug and alcohol sector. Key themes include:
- the history of crystal methamphetamine in Australia,
- the health, financial and social impacts associated with the use of crystal methamphetamine; and
- the collective response by industry professionals, government and community to address these impacts currently and into the future.
Who can attend?
- Industry professionals working in the drug and alcohol sector;
- Students of criminology, health, human/social services, or a like discipline; and
- Members of the Logan community who have an interest in this year's theme.
We are currently looking for organisations and/or businesses who are interested in providing long-term ongoing sponsorship of the Community Safety Symposium through to 2020.
If you are interested in a long-term ongoing sponsorship or sponsoring the 2018 Community Safety Symposium you can obtain a sponsorship package by contacting:
Council's Community Services Branch
P: (07) 3412 4617
For further information contact Council's Community Services Branch:
P: (07) 3412 4617