Logan City Council, in collaboration with the Queensland Police Service, has a long-standing partnership with Neighbourhood Watch Groups in the City of Logan, recognising the many social and safety benefits that stem from an active local Neighbourhood Watch.
What is Neighbourhood Watch?
Neighbourhood Watch Queensland is a volunteer, not-for-profit organisation that has helped to create safer and more cohesive neighbourhoods since 1988. Members are celebrating their 30th Anniversary this year in 2018.
Benefits of an active Neighbourhood Watch Group
- Increased community cohesion strengthening relationships between neighbours.
- Encourages local residents, families and businesses to work together to reduce crime and improve community safety through joint crime prevention initiatives.
- Members are local residents who have a vested interest in the safety of the local area and are committed to helping promote a healthy and safe environment for all people.
- Provides a direct contact point between local Police and the community with the capacity to problem solve at the local level.
- Upcoming Neighbourhood Watch meeting dates, times and locations (PDF 145 KB)