Operation Bounce Back
Operation Bounce Back, an initiative of the National Motor Vehicle Theft Reduction Council and Logan City Council, is a car theft prevention awareness campaign aimed at educating residents on the myths and realities of car safety and security.
Logan City Council wishes to congratulate the 100 lucky residents who received a free fully installed engine immobiliser as part of Operation Bounce Back. All residents are reminded to ensure their vehicles are secured by remembering these 4 easy tips:
- Always park your vehicle wisely. At night, try to park in well-lit areas that have plenty of through traffic.
- When leaving your vehicle unattended, fully close the windows, lock all the doors and take the keys with you.
- Never leave items such as mobile phones, bags, iPods or other valuables in sight in your unattended vehicle. If you need to leave valuables in your car, hide them before you get to where you are going to park.
Secure your vehicle
- If you have a steering wheel lock, use it.
- Install an engine immobiliser. Quality immobilisers for around $200 are available, installed, under the CAR-SAFE Immobilise Now! program. Call 1300 132 146 for more information.
- If you have off-street parking, use it.
- Always use secure parking facilities where they are available.
Protect your keys
- Never leave your car unattended with the key in the ignition. Many cars are stolen from petrol stations, corner stores and driveways where the owner has left the car, with the key in the ignition.
- Never hide a second set of keys anywhere on your car: thieves know where to look.
- A good rule is that if the car is at home but you are out make sure all the keys are with you.
If you have information on stolen vehicles contact Crime Stoppers anonymous hotline on 1800 333 000.
For more information on car safety please visit www.carsafe.com.au
Brochures relating to car safety: