Logan City Council supports safer roads for all - our RU1m campaign is a SafeRoads4Logan initiative aimed at both cyclists and motorists, and seeks to raise awareness of the new minimum passing distance law to increase road user safety.
Wear a RU1m hi vis vest to help us spread the word
As part of the campaign, we're providing RU1m hi vis vests, bumper stickers and other merchandise through our online store at cost price (includes postage).
By wearing a vest or displaying a sticker, you can help us to spread this important message, and increase safety on the road for yourself and others.
What is the new law?
Under new Queensland laws, motorists must now adhere to a minimum passing distance of:
- A minimum of 1 metre when passing cyclists in a 60km/h or less speed zone
- At least 1.5 metres where the speed limit is over 60km/h
The law aims to make drivers more aware of cyclists and is an integral safety measure, especially for vulnerable road users such as cyclists.
To learn more about the new laws:
- Download the RU1m fact sheet (PDF 756 KB)
- Download bicycle safety for kids activity and fact sheet (PDF 249 KB)
- Visit the Department of Transport and Main Roads website