Community Week of Action
The Community Week of Action will be held from 26 – 29 September 2017 and will focus on Council divisions 7, 8, 9 & 11. A variety of community safety and crime prevention activities have been planned for the week with some great freebies on offer too. These activities include:
- Shopping centre community information displays;
- Free coffee with your local Councillor and Coppa;
- Inviting residents to come along to a Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED) audit of one of their local parks;
- Offering free interactive education campaigns on topics ranging from fraud to child safety; and
- Conducting free Safe PL8S in carparks in your local area, plus many more!
To find out when and where these activities will be on offer in your local division, please refer to the attached information.
- On Tuesday 26 September, activities will take place in Council division 7 - view activity flyer here. (PDF 423 KB)
- On Wednesday 27 September, activities will take place in Council division 8 - view activity flyer here. (PDF 334 KB)
- On Thursday 28 September, activities will take place in Council division 9 - view activity flyer here. (PDF 424 KB)
- On Friday 29 September, activities will take place in Council division 11 - view activity flyer here. (PDF 326 KB)
Council works closely with QPS and community organisations to plan activities for each Community Week of Action to ensure that each initiative delivered addresses important community safety issues in that area. By working with our partners, Council will be able to positively spread the message about crime prevention and proactive approaches to personal and community safety.
For further information contact Council's Community Services Branch:
P: (07) 3412 4617