Great idea for an environmental project that will help the local environment and the local community? Just need some funding to get started?
The EnviroGrants program aims to, through community awareness and participation, enhance and protect the natural environment and foster environmentally sustainable practices across Logan City.
The EnviroGrants program:
- Offers grants of up to $5,000 per project
- Is for people wanting to achieve positive local environmental outcomes
Projects considered for funding must occur within Logan City and relate to one or more of the following categories:
- Environmental projects on privately owned/non-Council controlled land (e.g. planting, weeding, erosion control, etc.)
- Environmental projects on Council controlled land (e.g. planting, weeding, erosion control, etc.)
- Environmental education, marketing and communication projects
- Environmental surveys and research (e.g. water quality monitoring, flora and fauna surveys, etc.)
- Environmentally sustainable projects for small business (i.e. projects that assist small local business in becoming more environmentally sustainable)
The 2013 round of EnviroGrant funding opens on Wednesday 6th February. Please note that the EnviroGrants program has been reviewed with minor amendments to the program.
A summary of amendments are listed below:
- Removal of the option for a 3 year grant for $5000/yr to improve the fair and equitable assessment process;
- Modified assessment criteria for improved assessment purposes;
- Provided more examples of environmental projects that could be funded to inspire new innovative applications; and
- Enhanced the section on what can and can not be funded with inclusions of maximum limits of funding.
Before submitting your application - please read the following fact sheet (PDF 3878 KB). The information contained in this fact sheet outlines the specific categories, how to apply, and the assessment process.
In line with Council's objective to become more environmentally friendly, you are now able to complete your application form online. Please download and save the following application form (PDF 339 KB).
Further information on Council's EnviroGrant program:
Successful EnviroGrant recipients are required to complete the following forms by specific dates throughout the funding year:
2012 EnviroGrant winners
|Name of Project||Company|
|Miss Milly' the Pelican Endoskeleton||Pelican and Seabird Rescue Inc.|
|Education Material - Understanding Bats||Bat Conserevation and Rescue QLD Inc|
|Earth Keepers||Boronia Heights State School|
|Teys Beenleigh South Creek Riparian Zone Re-Vegetation||Teys Australia|
|Restoration of Endangered Regrowth vegetation within a regional corridor removal of environmental weeds.||Mr John Reed|
|Green Team Stage 3||Windaroo Primary School|
|Project Wildlife||Leanne & Dean Patterson|
|Eco Home and Living Australia||Rib Tickler Productions|
|Irbyana and Wildlife Habitat Project||Win Bartholomai|
|The Secret Garden - An Outdoor Classroom.||Groves Christian College|
|Bush Tucker Garden, Frog Pond and Sensor Garden||Park Ridge Primary|
|Getting Greener||Calvary Christian College|
|Creek Restoration||Ms Trisha Rogers|
|Land Rejuvenation||Mr & Mrs John & Sharon Ward|
|Restore Native Bushland on property||Pat Pope & Gecko Regen|
|Looking out for Quolls in Logan||Wildlife Preservation Society of Qld|
|Golf Course Weed, Water||Windaroo Lakes Golf Club|
|School and community education project||Backyard Habitat|