Environmental Events & Activities
Council provides a range of environmental events and workshops to educate and encourage an appreciation for Logan's natural environment in a fun and interactive manner.
Environmental events and activities - January - June 2014
Check out the new Environmental Events and Activities Program (PDF 1063 KB) for January to June 2014. Workshops and events are free and run by Logan City Council for Logan residents. Workshops are suitable for adults and children over 10 unless noted. Bookings are essential and places are limited . Phone 3412 4491 or email email@example.com to book or be placed on the mailing list for future programs.
Free Dog Behaviour Seminar: Reducing Your Dog's Impact on Wildlife
Sunday 30th March 10am - 12pm Daisy Hill Koala Centre
Logan City Council in conjunction with the RSPCA Animal Training and Behaviour Centre and Daisy Hill Koala Centre will be running a free workshop to show you how to train your dog to be wildlife-friendly.
Spaces are limited - RSVP by calling 3412 4779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note you cannot bring your dog to the workshop.
2014 Clean Up Australia Day
Clean Up Australia Day is the perfect opportunity for everyone to come together and help clean up our local parks and waterways in an effort to reduce our environmental impact. Last year 550,300 volunteers together cleaned up over 16,150 tonnes of rubbish at 7,341 registered sites across Australia.
This Clean Up Australia Day, Sunday 2nd March, join Logan City Council and others in your community to clean up Slacks Creek from 8:30am to 10:30am. Meet at Reserve Park on Lake Road, Slacks Creek or join council staff for a social walk to and from the event leaving from Mable Park on Paradise Road, Slacks Creek. Please RSVP by calling 3412 5059 or email email@example.com.
To find other local sites simply go to Clean Up Australia Day where you can register as a volunteer or simply turn up at the many locations throughout Logan on Sunday 2nd March and register as a volunteer. Please remember your gloves, a hat, sturdy shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Some of the sites you can join in Logan are:
- 748 Ford Road, Priestdale
- Ahmadiyya QLD, Stockleigh Road, Stockleigh
- Barbaralla Park, Barbaralla Dr, Springwood
- Bardon Rd, Logan City SDA Church, Bardon Rd, Woodridge
- Berrinba, Bardon Road, Berrinba
- Chambers Flat Fire Station, Kenny Road, Chambers Flat
- Community Centre Grounds, James Smith Recreation Area, Teviot Rd, Greenbank
- Crestmead Industrial, Wayne Goss Drive, Crestmead
- Daisy Hill Koala Conservation park, Daisy Hill
- Dennis Vili, Civic Parade, Logan Central
- Flagstone, Homestead Drive Park, Bushman Drive, Jimboomba
- Forestglen Park, Browns Plains Road, Browns Plains
- Granger Road, Granger Rd highway exit, Park Ridge South
- Homestead Park, Cliff Court, Shailer Park
- Ison Park, Ison Road, Greenbank
- Kingston Road, Paradise Road, Kingston
- Logan Central, Logan City Council Library, Wembley Road, Logan Central
- Marsden Community, Marsden Shopping Centre, Chambers Flat Road, Marsden
- Marsden Scout Hall, Tamarind Street, Marsden
- Police Park, Civic Parade, Kingston
- Primrose St Team, Jacaranda Ave, Logan Central
- Reserve Park, Lake Road, Slacks Creek
- Tovey Park, Parklands Drive, Boronia Heights
- Tygum Lagoon, Tygum Road, Waterford West
- Woodridge, Bardon Road, Logan Central
Logan Wildlife Ambulance
RSPCA Qld and Logan City Council have joined forces to launch the City's animal ambulance primarily for sick, injured or orphaned wildlife in Logan. Primarily staffed by volunteers, the ambulance will run 24 hours / 7 days a week and service the entire Logan area. If you would like to volunteer for the ambulance or other RSPCA positions, check out the RSPCA website for further information and available positions.
Logan Eco Action Festival (LEAF)
Council also celebrates World Environment Day by holding the Logan Eco Action Festival (LEAF) in June every year. The next LEAF will be held on Sunday 8th June 2014, 10am-3pm, Griffith University - Logan Campus, University Drive, Meadowbrook.