SEQ Restoration Framework
The framework provides a regional standard for undertaking restoration projects. Ultimately, ecological restoration projects delivered under the framework will:
- Conserve and enhance biodiversity through increasing the extent and improving the condition of native vegetation;
- Ensure long-term environmental and economic sustainability; and
- Ensure ongoing improvement and maintenance of ecosystem services.
The SEQ Restoration Framework consists of three documents:
- Code of Practice (PDF 1411 KB)- a policy document providing a head of power for the subsequent Guidelines and Manual. The code of practice reflects the SEQ policy environments where it is to be housed.
- Guideline (PDF 2422 KB) - a decision making tool to guide users to the most appropriate course of action in their project. This document guides application of the policy and links to current best practice and examples demonstrated in the Manual element.
- Manual (PDF 6261 KB) - a technical but easy to use guide to all aspects of ecological restoration. This document is reflective of current best practice, and provides the minimum acceptable solutions to ecological restoration.
Community tree planting days
- Riverdale Park, Meadowbrook Sunday 20th May 2012 photographs.
- Peaks to Point 2012, Spring Mountain Reserve, Sunday 16th September 2012 photographs.
Revegetation guide for residents
The new revegetation guide provides Logan residents with information on the most suitable native species for their property. The Revegetation Guide is the most comprehensive of its kind in Australia, and combines vegetation mapping with species information and database documentation.
Council can generate a property report that includes:
- A regional ecosystem specific species list
- Information on plant forms, size, and micro-habitat preferences
- Plant supplier details
- A map showing the Regional Ecosystem zones on the property
- A general site establishment and maintenance advice sheet
Please contact the Environment and Sustainability Branch on 3412 3412 or email email@example.com for more details.