Logan Eco Forum
Logan's Eco Forum is a free event where we will delve into the many ways we can connect to nature and how this benefits us as individuals and as a community. Participants will enjoy a variety of presentations from experts in the field, as well as contribute ideas and experiences on how as a community we can lead the way in Connecting to Nature.
- Where: Beenleigh Events Centre, Cnr Crete and Kent Streets, Beenleigh, 4207
- When: Friday October 27, 2017
- Time: 9am - 4pm
Bookings are essential as places are limited.Register now
We are excited to welcome the following presenters who are participating in the forum:
- Professor Ian Lowe – Community activism: helping to shape a sustainable future
- Professor Ralf Buckley - Valuing biodiversity through the medium of its effect on human mental health
- Hyahno Moser from Nature Play QLD - Do children want to play in nature anymore?
- Steve Parish - A life Connected to Nature - photography presentation
- Anne Cleary - Understanding our Nature Connection
- Julia Baker - Julia's journey as a snake handler and how it enriched her life in several ways.
- Shaun Davies - Yugambeh story time - Join Karang, the wise owl as he takes you on a journey deep into the past, to discover the Yugambeh Night Bird Dreaming. This live-action traditional performance brings to life the story of the wise owl, Karang, and the sneaky night bird, Jinir-Jinir.
The Logan Eco Forum is being held at the Beenleigh Events Centre, Cnr Crete and Kent Streets, Beenleigh, 4207.
There is limited free undercover parking at the venue and plenty of free on street parking in the vicinity. Beenleigh train station is a 5 minute (400m) walk from the venue. Beenleigh-Ferny Grove line trains as well as express Airport-Gold Coast trains arrive frequently at Beenleigh station. Local buses also stop at Beenleigh station. For further details, please visit Translink's online Journey Planner for train and bus schedules and further information.