Who can deliver ACM (Asbestos Containing Material) for disposal?
- Legally - only approved transporters; or
- Residents carrying less than 250kg
Where can ACM (Asbestos Containing Material) be disposed of in Logan?
- One location only - Browns Plains Landfill - 339-355 Browns Plains Road Heritage Park 4118
- The Browns Plains Landfill is open from 7 am to 5.30 pm every day except for Christmas Day. However ACM loads will only be accepted between 8 am and 3:30 pm
Asbestos acceptance policy
- Asbestos can only be accepted at the Browns Plains Landfill & must meet following requirements:
- Council Weighbridge Staff have been given very broad directions on types of material that could contain asbestos. If there is any doubt, the material will be regarded as if it does contain asbestos.
- Landfill staff require at least 30 minutes telephone notice (to 3412 4742) prior to delivery.
- Asbestos must have been whetted down and at least double wrapped in durable plastic so that the load is air tight.
- Unless load is delivered by tipping type vehicle, all wrapped bundles must be of a size manageable by 1-2 persons as Council
What are the fees for disposing of ACM (Asbestos Containing Material)?
- Fees for ACM is noted within the Logan SmartTip Fees Brochure as "Other Disposals>Special and Supervised Burials".
- The fees are also available on Council's website listed under Special Burials (asbestos).