Information about asbestos and asbestos disposal is provided below.
Who can deliver ACM (Asbestos Containing Material) for disposal?
- Legally - only approved transporters; or
- Residents carrying less than 250kg
Where can ACM (Asbestos Containing Material) be disposed of in Logan?
- One location only - Browns Plains Landfill - 41 Recycle Way, Heritage Park (off Bayliss Road). The Browns Plains Landfill is open from 7 am to 5.30 pm every day except for Christmas Day. However ACM loads will only be accepted between 8am and 3:30pm
Asbestos acceptance policy
Council Weighbridge Staff have been given very broad directions on types of material that could contain asbestos. If there is any doubt, the material will be regarded as if it does contain asbestos.
- Landfill staff require at least 30 minutes telephone notice (to 3412 4233) prior to delivery.
- Asbestos must have been wetted down and at least double wrapped in durable plastic so that the load is air tight.
- Unless load is delivered by tipping type vehicle, all wrapped bundles must be of a size manageable by 1-2 persons as Council officers are not permitted to assist for safety liability reasons.
- Approved transporters must provide a completed waste transport certificate (or approved alternative) for each load of trackable waste. Contact should be made with the Department of Environment & Heritage Protection (13 74 68) if more information is required on waste transport certificates.
What are the fees for disposing of ACM (Asbestos Containing Material)?
- See page 1 of the 2017/18 Waste Fees Brochure (PDF 50 KB)