Kerbside Clean Up
Council undertakes a kerbside clean up of bulky and green wastes for Logan residents.
- The earliest that waste can be presented is no more than seven days before the Monday that your collection is scheduled to commence. The latest that your waste can be presented is 6.00am on the Monday that your collection is scheduled to commence.
- Green waste is limited to tree and shrub prunings, palm fronds, leaves and grass clippings. All green waste must be cut into 1m lengths and tied into bundles for easy loading. Use a natural string to tie your bundles rather than plastic ropes or wire. Use cardboard boxes to store leaves and grass clippings.
- Hard Waste includes items such as stoves, and household articles. Items should be no larger than 2m wide, 1m high and 1m deep.
- Two people should be able to load your waste in 5 minutes.
- Leave unwanted materials neatly on the kerbside. Be sure that your waste does not obstruct pedestrian traffic and is not placed on top of water meters or directly in front of your letterbox.
- Items that must not be placed out for collection:
- Excessive waste loads. As a guide, two people should be able to load your waste within five minutes.
- Tyres, glass of any description, batteries, gas cylinders, fire extinguishers, fibro-type material (as it may contain asbestos), hazardous waste or food wastes that can rot and attract flies.
- Refrigerators, air conditioners and freezers - due to the possibility of ozone depleting gases being released.
Dates for collection
Kerbside Clean Up - Southern Rochedale South (south of Underwood Road but not including the southern side of Underwood Road)
Starts: 28 April 2014 06:00 am
Ends: 9 May 2014 05:00 pm
Starts: 12 May 2014 06:00 am
Ends: 23 May 2014 05:00 pm
Starts: 26 May 2014 06:00 am
Ends: 6 June 2014 05:00 pm
Starts: 9 June 2014 06:00 am
Ends: 20 June 2014 05:00 pm