Inside Page Baner

Wheelie Bins

Please place your bins at the kerb for collection the night before your collection day or by 6am on the day of service.

Please call (07) 3412 3412 if you do not know your day of service.

Place your bin no more than one metre from the gutter with the wheels and handle closest to your house. The bins should be at least 30-50 centimetres apart.

Bins should be clear of overhead obstructions, such as wires and trees, to assist with collection.

Please don't overfill your bins. Bin lids should be down flat. If not, the contents may spill onto the road when the bin is lifted.

The collection vehicle can't lift bins weighing over 70 kilograms. Please do not place large or heavy items, such as dirt and rocks, or large amounts of green waste in either bin. Small amounts of green waste can be placed in the waste bin, however to avoid grass clippings spilling onto the road, please bag before placing in the bin.

Rubbish collection schedule

Could not load the map. Please phone 07 3412 3412 or email for the collection schedule.

Start typing your address and select it from the list:

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
Collection day

New bin service

If you're moving into a new house and require bins, please call on (07) 3412 3412 or email, one or two working days before you're due to move in. Bins are usually delivered by our contractor the day after we place an order with them, so ordering far in advance is not required.

Who can order domestic bins?

  • Owners
  • Tenants
  • Real estate agents

Waste and recycling service requirements

Only materials produced as part of the day to day running of a household (such as food scraps) are acceptable in the waste bin. Materials that should not be placed in the bin include:

  • Large batteries (car)
  • Car motors and parts
  • Building materials (bricks, rocks etc)
  • Soil or dirt
  • Medical waste like syringes (unless generated by an occupant of the house and placed in a puncture-proof container before putting in the bin)
  • Hot ashes
  • Liquid waste (like oil)
  • Paint
  • Chemicals and pesticides
  • Large tree branches (smaller branches, twigs, leaves and grass clippings can be placed in the waste bin, however to avoid spillage, please bag these before placing in the bin)

Contact Council on (07) 3412 3412 regarding the correct disposal of these items.

Materials that should go into the recycling bin include:

  • Glass bottle and jars (no lids please)
  • Steel and aluminium cans including empty aerosols
  • Paper and cardboard including newspaper, magazines, flattened boxes and milk and juice cartons
  • Rigid plastic containers and bottles from the kitchen, bathroom and laundry displaying recycling symbols 1-6

Please do not put your recyclables in plastic bags.

Items that must not be placed in the recycling bin include:

  • Plastic bags, packets and film
  • Nappies
  • Non-recyclable glass and mirrors
  • Ceramics and crockery
  • Food scraps
  • Gas bottles, batteries, paint and oil
  • Syringes and medical waste
  • Soil, rocks and grass
  • Polystyrene foam
  • Chemicals and pesticides
  • Light bulbs (glass or plastic)

Please refer to our A to Z list of recyclables.

Lost, stolen or damaged bins

Please phone (07) 3412 3412 or email to have your bin repaired or replaced.

Your damaged bin will have to be placed on the footpath for the contractor but you can still put rubbish or recyclables in it. It will either be repaired or removed (contents and all) 1-3 business days after you contact us. There is no charge for the repair or replacement of the bin.

If your bin has gone missing, your replacement bin will be left on the footpath 1-2 business days after you contact us. There is no charge for the replacement bin.

Missed bins

Please phone (07) 3412 3412 or email to report the situation.

As the collection contractor has until 5 pm each day to complete collections, please wait until the day after collection before reporting a missed service. If the bin was missed by the collection vehicle driver, the truck will be sent back to empty it at no charge. If, however, the bin was missed because of an act or omission on your part, the truck can only return after payment of a fee to Waste Services. These acts or omissions may include:

  • not having the bin on the footpath by 6am on the day of collection;
  • presenting an overfull bin (the lid must be down flat); or
  • presenting an overweight bin (the truck can only lift 70 kilograms).

Support service

Residents who are unable to physically move their bins to and from the kerbside, due to disability or impairment, and have no able-bodied person to assist them, can apply for a support service.

A support wheelie bin service is a pre-arranged bin collection service from within your property.  The application for this service will only be considered if the following conditions are met:

  • The dwelling is located within sixty metres (60m) of the nearest service point
  • There is no other person who resides at the premises who is able to place the bins on the footpath for collection each week
  • Bins can be located in a location easily accessible to the waste collector
  • All roaming animals must be restrained
  • Written support from a medical professional is provided

If your application is successful, Council's waste collection contractor will enter your property and proceed to an agreed location where the bins are kept.  The bins will then be wheeled out to the truck for emptying, and then returned to your yard.

Please note that, on recycling day, the drivers of the garbage and recycling trucks may work together.  Whichever driver arrives first will wheel both bins to the footpath, and whichever driver arrives second, will wheel both bins back.

Conditions apply. The service is subject to standard garbage rates charges only. No extra charges apply to use this service.

To apply, residents must return a completed Application for Support Bin Service form, ensuring that section 4 is completed by a medical professional.

Additional domestic wheelie bins

Before requesting additional wheelie bins we suggest you read about reducing, reusing and recycling here.

If one waste and one recycling bin are insufficient for your needs, it is possible to obtain additional waste and/or recycling bins using either of the forms below.

Please note: these forms should not be used when the bins in question are for auxiliary units, annexed units or duplexes. If the bins are for these types of dwellings, please contact Council on (07) 3412 3412.

Property owners and ratepayers

Please note that this form must be completed by the property owner (ratepayer) as it will result in extra rate charges.

Download the 2015/16 application for additional domestic 140 & 240 litre waste & recycling bins (PDF 87 KB)

Residents who rent

Please note that this form may be completed by tenants, and payment must accompany the form when submitted.

Commercial and body corporate properties

Commercial properties

The owners of commercial properties may use the form below to apply for garbage and/or recycling bins. Please note that this form must be completed by the property owner (ratepayer) as it will result in extra rate charges.

Tenants of commercial properties are unable to apply for bins directly through Council. Tenants can approach the owner or manager of their property. Alternatively, private arrangements can be made with any waste or recycling removal company for direct billing options.

Body corporate

Please note that this form must be completed by Body Corporate Managers as it will result in extra charges.

Casual special event bins

Changing the size of your wheelie bin

Kerbside collection

Please refer to kerbside collection for the schedule and terms.