Private Works - Water and Wastewater
For connections or alterations to water or wastewater infrastructure in relation to development approvals or minor works, an application will need to be lodged with Logan City Council.
When lodging a private works application ensure that all supporting approved plans and information are attached to your application.
Registration for online lodgement
By initiating registration to use Council’s online services, you will alleviate having to complete user details each time you lodge an application.
There is a link to register, available on the sign-in screen, or you may refer to Registered Users. Please note that it may take 1-3 business days to complete the registration process.
Logan City Council delivered works
For connections or alterations to water or wastewater infrastructure, in relation to development approvals where an applicant requires Council to undertake works, an application will need to be lodged with Council. When lodging your application ensure you have provided a copy of the Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) Council approved plan of proposed works, as revised, clearly showing the connection in detail (e.g. design detail, longitudinal section for alteration to existing infrastructure, etc.).
For minor works where a Council approved plan is not required, please provide a drawing to show where works are to be completed.
Once your application has been reviewed you will receive an email with the application reference number.
A quotation will be provided to you within approximately 3 weeks if all information has been received to process your application.
Any correspondence can be forwarded via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Developer delivered works
For connections or alterations to water or wastewater infrastructure, in relation to development approvals where an applicant requires consideration for contractors to undertake live connection works, an application will need to be lodged with Council. You are required to supply the following information with this application:
- An RPEQ Council approved plan of proposed works, as revised, clearly showing the connection in detail (e.g. design detail, longitudinal section for alteration to existing infrastructure, etc.).
- A copy of the contractor’s Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) for each activity to be carried out.
- A copy of the contractor's risk assessment for each activity to be carried out.
- Emergency contact details for the applicant and contractor.
- Proof of contractor’s accreditation, credentials and competencies.
Once lodged, your application will undergo a review process. Provided all the information has been received, a Decision Notice will be issued to you with a notice of fees for you to pay, if the works can be undertaken by a contractor.
Please refer to Private Works - Developer Delivered Live Connections frequently asked questions for further information.
If you are not approved to do these works you will be required to lodge a new application for council to undertake the works.
Once lodged, your application will undergo a review process. A quote or Decision Notice will be provided to you with a notice of fees for you to pay.
Once you have received confirmation of the fees (which will be emailed to the email address you have entered as part of your application details), you will be provided with the following choices to make payment:
- Pay online
- Pay by phone
- Pay by mail - please make your cheque or money order payable to Logan City Council, and post it with your application or notice of fees to: Chief Executive Officer, Logan City Council, PO Box 3226, Logan City DC Qld 4114.
- Pay in person - please present your application or notice of fees together with your payment in cash, cheque, money order or credit card, at the Logan City Council Administration Centre, or at Council's Beenleigh or Jimboomba Customer Service Centres. EFTPOS facilities are also available for your convenience.
If the type of application you are seeking to lodge is not available in online services, please refer to Water & Wastewater Forms.
A maximum of 150MB in attachments can be uploaded. Check if this is what is available. Please include a description with each attachment to enable more efficient processing of your application.
If required, lot numbers and all boundary pegs are to be clearly visible on the property.
For assistance please contact Water Operations Administration Team on 07 3412 5330.