There is a range of activities that Logan's community can be involved with to help improve the health of our waterways and wetlands. Starting with simple things you can do at home to volunteering in our bushcare program.
Below are links to volunteering opportunities, alternatively for more information on how you can get involved email Council at email@example.com.
- Want to be a Bushcare volunteer?
- Want to volunteer at LEAF?
- Do you have a great idea for an environmental project that will help the local environment and the local community?
- What you can do at home to save money and help the environment?
- Get involved with a range of environmental events and workshops?
Rivers and Wetlands Recovery Activities
If you'd like to give the environment a helping hand, learn or develop skills or spend time with like-minded people - why not get on board and help monitor the Logan and Albert river's mangroves?
MangroveWatch is an exciting citizen science program that partners community volunteers with university researchers to photograph, film and document mangroves in various locations around Queensland. A community driven Logan River MangroveWatch group is being established with the support of the Logan City Council EnviroGrants program, the Wildlife Preservation Society of QLD, Jacob's Well Environmental Education Centre and James Cook University.
For more information please contact Debra Henry, Wildlife Preservation Society by phone 3221 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org.