Logan Rivers and Wetlands Recovery
The Logan Rivers and Wetlands Recovery Plan 2014-2024 (PDF 2694 KB) sets out the direction for the recovery of Logan's rivers, streams and wetlands with collaboration and community stewardship at its centre.
The Logan Rivers and Wetlands Recovery Plan articulates a recovered river future where:
- Our community has increased ownership and capacity to participate in the long term stewardship of local rivers and wetlands.
- The catchments in Logan are productive and sustainably managed and support diverse enterprise and function.
- The health and resilience of Logan's rivers, creeks and wetland ecosystems has improved.
View the river recovery journey (PDF 1206 KB) Infographic.
- Slacks Creek Catchment Recovery Project
- Blackwell Street Wetland Jimmy Phillips Park (PDF 801 KB)
- Healthy Land, Healthy Rivers -A rural/semi-rural landholder engagement program. Includes educational workshops, property demonstrations and exciting exhibition day! Call (07) 3412 4491 for more information.
Healthy Waterways award finalist and winner
Logan City Council has taken out top honours at the 2015 Healthy Waterways Awards, receiving the Government Stewardship Award for the Logan River Landholder Engagement Project and the Sustainable Water Management Award for the Blackwell Street Wetland Project.
Collaboration and partnership
- Coordinating Healthy Waterways activities throughout the Logan-Albert River catchment
- Working with State and Local Government agencies
- Liaising and supporting catchment groups
- Collaborating with Griffith University and CSIRO
- Developing the Waterway Knowledge Tool
- Responding and investigating water pollution incidents
- Responding to customer enquiries about our waterways
- Water Body Asset Management
- Doug Larsen Park Water Body Bank Stabilisation Trial (PDF 692 KB)
- Erosion and sediment control education and training
- Logan and Albert River Clean Up
- Shailer Pioneer Park wetland construction
- Paradise Road Precinct Waterway Enhancement Project
- Timothy Park and Reserve Park Stream Rehabilitation
- Arlington Park Waterway Enhancement Project
Check out the wide range of activities that you can participate in around Logan to help improve the health of our waterways and wetlands. Please visit the get involved page to find out more.