Rivers and Wetlands Recovery Program
The Draft Logan Rivers and Wetlands Recovery Plan 2013-2023 sets out the direction for the recovery of Logan's rivers, streams and wetlands with collaboration and community stewardship at its centre.
The Draft Logan Rivers and Wetlands Recovery Plan 2013-2023 articulates a recovered river future where:
- Our community has increased ownership and capacity to participate in the long term stewardship of local rivers and wetlands.
- The catchments in Logan are productive and sustainably managed and support diverse enterprise and function.
- The health and resilience of Logan's rivers, creeks and wetland ecosystems has improved.
- Slacks Creek Catchment Recovery Project
- Blackwell Street Wetland Jimmy Phillips Park (PDF 801 KB)
- Rural Landholder Engagement (PDF 1263 KB)
Collaboration and partnership
- Coordinating Healthy Waterways activities throughout the Logan-Albert River catchment
- Working with State and Local Government agencies
- Liaising and supporting catchment groups
- Collaborating with Griffith University and CSIRO
- Developing the Waterway Knowledge Tool
- Supporting environmental events
- Logan Eco Action Festival (LEAF)
- School based education
- Responding and investigating water pollution incidents
- Water Body Asset Management
- Doug Larsen Park Water Body Bank Stabilisation Trial (PDF 692 KB)
- Erosion and sediment control education and training
- Logan and Albert River Clean Up
Check out the wide range of activities that you can participate in around Logan to help improve the health of our waterways and wetlands. Please visit the Get Involved page to find out more.