Logan City boasts a variety of bushland habitats, waterways and vast rural areas, home to many native flora and fauna species. Declared pests are a threat to these natural areas and waterways. Declared pests are plants and animals that cause significant adverse economic, environmental and social impacts.
Council's Pest Management Plan 2014-2018 (PDF 1189 KB) identifies our environmentally significant areas and aquatic environments that will be closely monitored. The plan aims to:
- improve the effectiveness of control activities
- monitor and report on performance
- prioritise pest management activities
- improve coordination
- improve stakeholder participation
- increase public awareness about the need to manage declared pests.
The plan was developed in consultation with key stakeholders who share a commitment to protect Logan's natural environment and sustain primary production.