Eat Safe Logan
Logan City Council, in partnership with key industry representatives, has a regulatory food safety inspection scheme called Eat Safe Logan.
Have you seen the stars?
Complete Council’s survey before Friday 21 July for the chance to win a $50 gift card. Sharing where you look for information on places to eat will help us better promote Eat Safe Logan.
All food businesses must comply with food safety laws. Council inspects licensed food businesses to check compliance. The star rating system has been developed with industry associations. It is designed to provide assistance and incentives to food businesses to comply with food safety laws, and to achieve the highest standards in food safety.
Logan food businesses, consumers and Council can all benefit from a star rating scheme. Benefits can be seen in:
- Recognition and rewards for food businesses that comply with food safety laws and employ good management practices within their businesses.
- Higher performing businesses will receive fewer audits, allowing Council Environmental Health Officers to spend more time working with poor performers.
- Higher performers will receive discounts on their annual licence fee, which will still apply.
- The display of a score provides free marketing opportunities for a business, including a free listing on the Logan City Council website.
- Consumers will have choice when selecting a place to eat and have confidence in that choice.
Overseas countries that have a food safety rating system have a reduced number of reported food poisoning cases.
All licensed food businesses in Logan have been inspected and have received a star rating. Search to find out what food star rating your local restaurants, cafes and takeaways have received.Search now
How will food businesses be rated?
There were two rounds of inspections. Businesses first received an educational star rating that they could work towards improving, then a star rating for public release and display. Learn more about how food businesses were rated.
- View a timetable of the Eat Safe Logan project including consultation with the community and food businesses.
Forms, tools and resources
- Download application forms, record templates, checklists and brochures. Some resources are available in Vietnamese and Traditional Chinese.
Email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call an Environmental Health Officer on 3412 3412.