Information for Building Certifiers
Shared responsibility for building approval records
Council keeps records of building approvals and associated certification documents for approvals issued in Logan city, so that current and future owners can access these records into the future. To enable us to do this, the legislation requires building certifiers to lodge certain building application and approval documents with Council, by way of the Lodgement of Building Work Documentation (Form 20).
The particular building approval documents which a building certifier must lodge at Council include:
- The building application and associated documentation (IDAS 1 and 2 forms)
- Notice of engagement (Form 56)
- The decision notice (Form 6)
- Final inspection certificate (Form 21) or certificate of classification (Form 11)
- A copy of the plans, drawings and specifications and other stamped approved documents
- Other documents, including a list of required fire safety installations and required special fire services applying to the building work, certificates relied on to decide the application and information relied on to decide the application in relation to local government easements, encumbrances or estates or interests in land likely to be relevant to the application.
The requirements and forms can be found at the Department of Housing and Public Works website.
It is important that these documents are always supplied to us within the legislated timeframes, as it ensures the ongoing integrity of our records for the benefit of the community.
The fees associated with the lodgement of this documentation can be found on page 14 of Council's fees and charges publication.
How to lodge building approval documentation with us
You may lodge this documentation anytime at our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Through our electronic system
At this time, Council offers private building certifiers the option of lodging notices of engagement through an online service. Please note that Council currently cannot accept lodgement of other building approval documentation, including decision notices, plans and final certificates. These documents must be lodged with Council through the other avenues we provide.
New users: please complete a New user registration form.
Existing users: if you have already registered with us, please Sign in here with your details.
Please send documentation to PO Box 3226, Logan City DC QLD 4114
You may also give it to us over the counter, at Logan Central, Beenleigh or Jimboomba. The addresses of our offices appear below.