Step by Step Process
Please refer below for a general overview of the application assessment process.
When preparing to lodge a development application for Council approval, you must satisfy the requirements of Section 260 of the Sustainable Planning Act 2009. In order for an application to be considered properly made, applications must:
- Be accompanied by the approved IDAS form
- Provide all mandatory supporting information
- Contain the correct application fee
- Provide owner's consent where applicable
Applications can be posted or submitted electronically to DALodgements@logan.qld.gov.au . Council currently is not able to accept applications through myDAS or Smart eDA.
For any enquiries related to the calculation of development application fees or how to make payment of application fees, customers are advised to contact Council at email@example.com.
Refer to the following resources for more information to help you with lodging your development application.
- SPA IDAS Forms - Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning (DSDIP)
- Properly Made Application Fact Sheet (PDF 147 KB) - Regarding what constitutes a Properly Made application
- Register of Regulatory Fees and Schedule of Commercial and Other Charges (PDF 2151 KB) - For relevant development application fee
This section refers to applications that trigger referral to either a Concurrence Agency or Advice Agency in accordance with Schedule 7 of the Sustainable Planning Regulation 2009.
Refer to Development application - Referrals - Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning (DSDIP).
The public notification of a development application is carried out in accordance with section 294-307 of the Sustainable Planning Act 2009.
The notification stage applies to an application if either of the following applies:
- any part of the application requires impact assessment
- the application is an application to which section 242 (preliminary approval to vary the effect of any local planning instrument) applies
The following actions are required to be completed before the application can progress to the next IDAS stage:
- publish a notice at least once in a newspaper
- place a notice on the land
- give a notice to the owners of all land adjoining the land
Visit Development application - Public notification - Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning (DSDIP) for more details.
The assessment of a development application is carried out in accordance with the legislative requirements of the Sustainable Planning Act 2009.
Visit Development application - Assessment - Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning (DSDIP) for more details.
Council's standard development approval conditions document is as follows Standard Development Approval Conditions (PDF 525 KB).
Changes to Development Approvals and Extending the Relevant Period
Complete the Request to Change Development Approval and/or Request to Extend the Relevant Period Form (PDF 87 KB) if you wish to apply to change an existing development approval or extend the relevant period.
Please also refer to the Register of Regulatory Fees and Schedule of Commercial and Other Charges (PDF 2151 KB) for fees associated with changing or extending timeframe for a development approval.