Inside Page Baner

Application Lodgement

If a proposed development is code or impact assessable, a development application will need to be lodged with Council for assessment under the Logan Planning Scheme, in accordance with the Planning Act 2016.  Council encourages electronic/online lodgement and a discount applies - please register (once only) and sign-in to access these services:


  • Note that it may take 1-3 business days to complete the one-time registration process.  Urgent applications may be lodged by email if required (email


  • Once signed in, please use the Application Lodgement link/button on the Online Services home page and select the relevant application type (Development application).  You will need to enter the property details, upload the correctly completed forms, plans and supporting documents, and pay the fee (via credit card or by requesting a notice of account).

For further information about lodging a development application (e.g. a material change of use, reconfiguring a lot, building work assessable against the planning scheme, or operational works) please:

Online application lodgement


You will be prompted to enter the required fee for your application as part of the online lodgement, and the discount will be automatically applied to the amount you enter.

To determine the applicable fee, please use the Development Fees Estimator in the Logan PD Hub.  The Estimator produces a report that can be downloaded (as a PDF) and attached to your development application if required to explain the fee amount entered.  You may also refer to Council's fees and charges schedule.

If a discount (other than for online lodgement) is applicable, please attach relevant supporting documentation to your application.  For example you are a charity or have negotiated a discount as part of pre-lodgement engagements with Council.


As part of the lodgement transaction you can choose to pay via:

  • credit card, in which case you will be subseqently prompted to enter your card details; or
  • notice of account, which will be emailed to the email address you have entered (as part of your applicant details), and includes BPAY details (for payment using a savings or cheque account).  Please note that payment is taken to have been made on the day it was received by Council (which with BPAY may be up to 2 days after the transaction, unless a transaction receipt is provided to Council - this can be done using the My applications link - please refer to the information below).

Other applications

Development applications may only be lodged by registered users, and you will need to sign in to access the service.  If the type of application you are seeking to lodge is not available in online services (even after you have signed in), please use email (   For services other than planning applications (e.g. plumbing), please see Contact a Planner for the appropriate email address.


A maximum of 20 attachments (total size 150MB) can be uploaded; if your application will exceed this, please lodge the application online with the basic forms attached and contact Council (email to arrange an alternative upload location for the remaining/larger files. Please include a description with each attachment to enable more efficient processing of your application.

My applications (already lodged)

To review applications you have previously lodged please:

  • See My Applications in Council's online lodgement service, which will display development applications you have lodged with Council (via any method - online or otherwise) since 3 July 2017.   Please note you will be prompted to sign in.  This service may also be used to make responses to an undecided application, for example:
    • to add subsequent documentation if the application is not properly made (e.g. something you may have forgotten to attach when you lodged the application, or proof of payment, such as a BPAY transaction record); or
    • to respond to an Information Request issued by Council.
  • Refer to PD Online - Application Enquiry, and search for the application using the number or advanced search options (e.g. date range, application type, property address).  No sign-in is required.
  • Other types of applications (e.g. property information searches, letters of advice) are also accessible - see Application Enquiries (noting you will need to sign in to see/access all options).

Other lodgement options and information

Development applications may alternatively be lodged via email, in person or via post.  Please see Contact a Planner for email addresses (varies depending on the type of application), office locations and opening hours and postal address details.

The following information may also be of interest:

Lodgement requirements (forms, supporting documents)

Development assessment in Queensland is governed by the requirements of the Planning Act 2016 (PA).  For all types of development, the following are required:

  1. The appropriate current DA Forms (Queensland State Government - please see the table below for specific information relating to different types of development, and ensure that the current version of the form is used);
  2. The application fee;
  3. Supporting documentation, as specified on the forms.  Generally this includes plans, statements outlining how the proposal meets the relevant codes, plus any specific requirements based on the types of development. Please refer to the table below and ensure that specific instructions about the preparation of plans (provided on the DA Forms) are followed.

Please note the following considerations:

  • Properly Made: please refer to Council's Lodgement and Properly Made Applications Fact Sheet (PDF 42 KB) to ensure the requirements of the legislation are met and the assessment can proceed efficiently.
  • Neighbours: obtaining neighbours' consent is a useful exercise when preparing a development application. It ensures that neighbours are aware of what is being proposed and also provides evidence to Council that neighbours do not object to the proposal. Use the Neighbours Comments Form (PDF 55 KB) if applicable.
Type of Development/UseType of application required (under PA)Applicable forms

Dwelling House

Secondary Dwelling / Auxiliary Unit

Material Change of Use (MCU)

(Start of a new use on the premises, re-establishment of a use that was abandoned, or a material change in the intensity or scale of the use)

DA Form 1 - Development application details (for Dwelling House and Auxiliary Unit only)

DA Form 2 - Building work details (for Secondary Dwelling only)

DwellingHouse and Dual Occupancy (Auxiliary Unit) Assessment Checksheet (PDF 889 KB)

Dual Occupancy

(two dwellings on one lot for separate households; e.g. duplex)

Material Change of Use

DA Form 1 - Development application details

Home Based BusinessMaterial Change of UseDA Form 1 - Development application details
Carport / shedBuilding Works assessed against the Planning Scheme (BWAP)

DA Form 2 - Building work details

DwellingHouse and Dual Occupancy (Auxiliary Unit) Assessment Checksheet (PDF 889 KB)
Subdivision / Boundary re-alignment

Reconfiguring a Lot (ROL)

[Subdividing, re-arranging boundaries, applying for an access easement]

DA  Form 1 - Development application details
Advertising DeviceOperational WorksDA Form 1 - Development application details
Driveway CrossoversOperational WorksDA Form 1 - Development application details
Changing a develompent approvalChange ApplicationChange Application Form
Extending a development approvalExtension ApplicationExtension Application Form