If a proposed development is code or impact assessable, a development application will need to be lodged with Council for assessment under the Logan Planning Scheme.
Please use the buttons below to lodge a development application online, and ensure that the correctly prepared required forms (and supporting plans and information) and fees are attached to your application. Please note that these services are applicable only to development applications under the Planning Act 2016 (e.g. a material change of use, reconfiguring a lot, building work assessable against the planning scheme, or operational works).
Further information about application lodgement is available below and on Council's Lodgements and Properly Made Applications Fact Sheet (PDF 184 KB).
Online application lodgement
Development applications may be lodged online using the buttons above. Council encourages electronic lodgement and a discount applies to the use of these services. Please note the matters outlined below.
You must be a registered user of Council's online services in order to lodge a development application. There is a link to 'register' available on the sign-in screen or see Registered Users. Please note that it may take 1-3 business days to complete the registration process; urgent applications may be lodged by email if required (email DALodgements@logan.qld.gov.au).
You will be prompted to enter the required fee for your application as part of the online lodgement, and the discount will be automatically applied to the amount you enter.
To determine the applicable fee, please use the Development Fees Estimator (under the Property Tools menu) in the Logan Interactive Mapping tool. The Estimator produces a report that can be downloaded (as a PDF) and attached to your development application if required to explain the fee amount entered. You may also refer to Council's fees and charges schedule.
If a discount (other than for online lodgement) is applicable, please attach relevant supporting documentation to your application. For example you are a charity or have negotiated a discount as part of pre-lodgement engagements with Council.
As part of the lodgement transaction you can choose to pay via:
- credit card, in which case you will be subseqently prompted to enter your card details (please note that a merchant service fee applies); or
- notice of account, which will be emailed to the email address you have entered (as part of your applicant details), and includes BPAY details (for payment using a savings or cheque account, with no merchant service fees applicable). Please note that payment is taken to have been made on the day it was received by Council (which with BPAY may be up to 2 days after the transaction, unless a transaction receipt is provided to Council).
If the type of application you are seeking to lodge is not available in online services, please use email (DALodgements@logan.qld.gov.au). For RiskSmart and services other than planning applications (e.g. plumbing, plan sealing), please see Contact a Planner for the appropriate email address.
A maximum of 150MB in attachments can be uploaded; if your application will exceed this, please lodge the application online with the basic forms attached and contact Council (email DALodgements@logan.qld.gov.au) to arrange an alternative upload location for the remaining larger files. Please include a description with each attachment to enable more efficient processing of your application.
To review applications you have previously lodged please:
- See My Applications in Council's online lodgement service, which will display all applications you have lodged with Council (via any method - online or otherwise) since 3 July 2017. This service may also be used to make responses to an undecided application, for example:
- to add subsequent documentation if the application is not properly made (e.g. something you may have forgotten to attach when you lodged the application, or proof of payment, such as a BPAY transaction record); or
- to respond to an Information Request issued by Council.
- Refer to PD Online - Application Enquiry, and search for the application using the number or advanced search options (e.g. date range, application type, property address).
Other lodgement options and information
Development applications may alternatively be lodged in person or via post. Please see Contact a Planner for office locations and opening hours and postal address details.
The following information may also be of interest:
- Assessment benchmarks & categories of development (types of development, applicable zones and overlays, categories of development and assessment - whether approval is required)
- Fees, charges & payments
- Council's free pre-lodgement service, which enables a customer to discuss their proposed development with Council officers before lodging an application.
Lodgement requirements (forms, supporting documents)
Development assessment in Queensland is governed by the requirements of the Planning Act 2016 (PA). For all types of development, the following are required:
- The appropriate current DA Forms (Queensland State Government - please see the table below for specific information relating to different types of development, and ensure that the current version of the form is used);
- The application fee;
- Supporting documentation, as specified on the forms. Generally this includes plans, statements outlining how the proposal meets the relevant codes, plus any specific requirements based on the types of development. Please refer to the table below and ensure that specific instructions about the preparation of plans (provided on the DA Forms) are followed.
Please note the following considerations:
- Properly Made: please refer to Council's Lodgement and Properly Made Applications Fact Sheet (PDF 184 KB) to ensure the requirements of the legislation are met and the assessment can proceed efficiently.
- Neighbours: obtaining neighbours' consent is a useful exercise when preparing a development application. It ensures that neighbours are aware of what is being proposed and also provides evidence to Council that neighbours do not object to the proposal. Use the Neighbours Comments Form (PDF 55 KB) if applicable.
|Type of Development/Use||Type of application required (under PA)||Applicable forms|
Secondary Dwelling / Auxiliary Unit
Material Change of Use (MCU)
(Start of a new use on the premises, re-establishment of a use that was abandoned, or a material change in the intensity or scale of the use)
|DwellingHouse and Dual Occupancy (Auxiliary Unit) Assessment Checksheet (PDF 889 KB)|
(two dwellings on one lot for separate households; e.g. duplex)
|Material Change of Use|
|Home Based Business||Material Change of Use||DA Form 1|
|Carport / shed||Building Works assessed against the Planning Scheme (BWAP)||DwellingHouse and Dual Occupancy (Auxiliary Unit) Assessment Checksheet (PDF 889 KB)|
|Subdivision / Boundary re-alignment|
Reconfiguring a Lot (ROL)
[Subdividing, re-arranging boundaries, applying for an access easement]
|DA Form 1|
|Advertising Device||Operational Works||DA Form 1|
|Driveway Crossovers||Operational Works||DA Form 1|
|Changing a develompent approval||Change Application||Change Application Form|
|Extending a development approval||Extension Application||Extension Application Form|
For assistance please contact Council's planning and development team.