Logan Central Summit
Logan City Council is looking ahead the next 20 years and are committed to unlocking the economic and place making potential to develop a progressive and vibrant network of city centres for the future City of Logan.
Building on the planning that has been done to date, Council is now transitioning from the 'visioning' to 'doing'. The summit will focus on how key government, industry, business owners, landowners and the community can collaborate and provide insight into harnessing the strengths and capitalising on opportunities to help develop Logan Central as the civic and cultural heart.
The Logan Central Summit will be held on Friday 11 May 2018 and will include experts in placemaking and design, economic stimulation, local job creation, and urban innovation and development to share national and international perspectives on making the future Logan Central an interesting and exciting place to live, work, visit, play and do business in.
- Date: Friday 11 May 2018
- Time: 8.30am - 5pm
- Location: Logan Entertainment Centre, 170 Wembley Road, Logan Central
Seats are limited. Register for your free ticket now to join in the collaboration.
Community Feedback Sessions
Community Feedback Sessions will be held following the Logan Central Summit, as an opportunity to share your ideas on the future of Logan Central.
- Friday evening 11 May from 5.30pm to 9pm, Logan Entertainment Centre
- Saturday morning 12 May from 9am to 12pm, Logan Central Plaza Shopping Centre (front entry)
No registrations are required for the Community Feedback Sessions.
Have your say on making Logan Central a better place
The City of Logan is undertaking significant research to understand community values regarding priorities for Logan Central.
From 26 March to 23 April 2018, Place Score will be running two important surveys to help gain an understanding of what our communities value in their ideal city centre (a Care Factor survey), and how they rate the current experience of main streets in Logan Central (a PX assessment).
You can help by completing a Care Factor survey between the dates 26 March and 23 April by visiting www.placescore.org/logancentral. By distributing this link to your networks it will help get the largest number of participants as possible and provide a better understanding of the priorities for Logan Central. All survey respondents will be added into the draw to win one of two $100 vouchers.
For additional information regarding the Logan Central Summit, please email LoganCentral@logan.qld.gov.au.
- Lucinda Hartley, Co-Founder of CoDesign Studio and Neighbourlytics is a leading urban designer and entrepreneur who has pioneered disruptive approaches to revitalising cities and towns
- Cathryn Chatburn, Director of Urban Enquiry has a diverse portfolio of project experience delivering large-scale master planning frameworks to guide sustainable urban change. She has previously led the AECOM Australia and New Zealand Master Planning and Urban Design team prior to establishing Urban Enquiry.
- Steven Burgess, Engineer and Urban Strategist, MRCagney, has extensive experience on movement and transport, place and parking and its influence on town and city prosperity.