Logan Urban Design Awards
The Logan Urban Design Awards (LUDA) is a biennial event promoting excellence in the design and creation of urban environments large and small within the City of Logan.
The 2016 Logan Urban Design Awards will be awarded from one of the four categories below:
- Master Planning Award - Awarded to master planned developments and communities
- Landscape Architecture and Urban Infrastructure Award - Awarded to exemplar public realm works
- Architecture Award - Awarded to exemplar built form projects (residential, commercial, industrial or institutional)
- Business, Programs and Events Award - Awarded to exemplar businesses, programs or events that contribute to a coherent and appealing urban environment
The awards will be open to projects, businesses or events that reside within Logan City since 2000. Projects entered into the Awards must have reached completion at least to the point of enabling assessment by the judging panel. Projects may cover a range of scales and types as defined by the four awards categories and the selection criteria.
Submissions are now open and close on 16 September 2016.
The LUDA 2016 awards will be announced on 12 October 2016.
Judges to be selected from voluntarily participation and will consist of four experts of professional and peak body affiliations, the Mayor and Chairperson of the Planning and Development Committee. Reflecting on the collaborative nature of urban design, the juding panel will be a partnership between organisations active in urban design projects both locally and nationally. These organisations include:
- Planning Institute of Australia
- Urban Design Institute of Australia
- Urban Design Alliance
- Australian institute of Landscape Architecture
- Institute of Public Works Engineering Australeasia
- Australian Institute of Architecture
- Property Council
- Tourism and Events Queensland
The awards criteria adopts the principles of Creating Places for People—an urban design protocol for Australian cities, which forms the Australian Government's approved policy for urban design. The document and more information can be accessed from the protocol's website, at the link below.
- Access the Creating Places for People website
The awards categories acknowledge that good urban design can be large or small. Thinking about urban design of different scales will help Council in creating healthy, inclusive and social environments that:
- Attract business and private investment
- Provides a choice of housing, work and lifestyle options
- Facilitates creativity and innovation
- Has a strong identity and sense of place
Council is seeking sponsors from businesses and corporations who contribute to our community, with silver and bronze sponsorship available.
Sponsorship will provide you with promotional opportunities such as logo placement and acknowledgement on all our publications and website, opportunity to provide promotional material or prizes for event as well as providing you with exposure to new potential clients and widespread recognition amongst the Logan City development community.
Council would like to acknowledge the support of the main sponsor for LUDA 2016:
Gold Overall Sponsorship:
Overall LUDA 2016 Award:
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor please contact Council by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.