The Jimboomba local plan area is a vibrant retail and commercial centre in the heart of a rural residential setting. It has a contemporary village character with three distinct yet connected retail and service centres, including Honora Street to the north (library, police and fire stations) and Cusack Lane which separates and fees two shopping areas.
Logan City Council endorsed the Jimboomba Local Plan on 22 April 2010 and the plan was incorporated into Part 7 (Local Plans) of the Logan Planning Scheme 2015 when the scheme commenced on 18 May 2015.
The plan provides:
- Sufficient land for housing, services, retail and commercial uses.
- Medium density zoning (up to 25 dwellings per hectare, two storeys only) on some housing lots to allow for households of different sizes, income levels and household stages.
- Residential low density precincts (up to 15 dwellings per hectare, two storeys only).
- Park residential precincts (up to two dwellings per hectare, two storeys only, on minimum 4,000 square metres).
- A new town centre with quality public places, services, conveniences and workplaces.
- Easier access for pedestrians, cyclists, and vehicles and better access across Mount Lindesay Highway.
- Relocation of the school.
- Public spaces, recreational opportunities and protection of the environment.
- A town character that is comfortable and engaging.
- A staged approached to development.
The documents below are provided for historical reference only. For decision making purposes, please refer to the Jimboomba Local Plan in Part 7 of the Logan Planning Scheme 2015.
- Jimboomba Local Plan 2009-2031 Report (PDF 6015 KB)
- Land Use Plan (PDF 1779 KB)
- Precinct Plan (PDF 1750 KB)
- Transport Plan (PDF 1520 KB)
- Pedestrian Cycle Network (PDF 992 KB)
- Public Transport Network (PDF 1628 KB)
- Urban Design Plan (PDF 1825 KB)
- Newsletter (PDF 186 KB)
- FAQs (PDF 224 KB)
- Consultation Report (PDF 146 KB)
For further information on the Jimboomba Local Plan, please contact Council's planning team.