Loganlea Neighbourhood Planning
Loganlea Neighbourhood Plan
In March 2011, Logan City Council asked for your feedback on the proposed draft Loganlea Neighbourhood Plan. The plan provides a vision for accommodating growth in Loganlea in accordance with the State Government's South East Queensland Regional Plan 2009-2031. The input we received has helped us develop a better plan for Loganlea. Council endorsed the revised Loganlea Neighbourhood Plan on 15 November 2011.
Our vision for Loganlea is to create:
"a well planned, high amenity, residential community that assists in accommodating Logan's growing population and maximises access to public transport, health services, and employment and training opportunities."
Under the Loganlea Neighbourhood Plan the area is expected to accommodate an ultimate population of approximately 5,700 people by 2031.
Loganlea has convenient rail access to Brisbane and the Gold Coast, and is near the regionally significant hospital, TAFE and university in Meadowbrook.
The neighbourhood plan includes proposals for:
- future land uses
- building heights, orientation and design
- transport and pedestrian movement
- infrastructure and parks.
Thank you for your feedback
Council released the draft Loganlea Neighbourhood Plan for community feedback from 14 March 2011 to 13 May 2011. Council received 75 submissions during this period. The Loganlea Neighbourhood Plan Submission Analysis and Response Report examines the issues raised in the submissions and outlines Council's response.
Your feedback has created a better plan
The feedback received during the community consultation period has been used to revise the plan. Changes to the plan include:
- increased residential densities on the eastern side of the area
- replacing the proposed new connector roads with pedestrian linkages
- identifying a mixed residential/retail/commercial area on Station Road
- identifying an environmental corridor along the Logan River.
The revised plan will be used to inform the drafting of the new Logan Planning Scheme in accordance with the Sustainable Planning Act 2009.
Loganlea Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents
- Appendix 1: Humphries Reynolds Perkins Logan Infill Study (PDF 3187 KB)
- Appendix 2: Explanatory Notes to Table 2 (PDF 43 KB)
- Appendix 3 - Part 1: Halcrow Loganlea Traffic and Parking Study (PDF 2806 KB)
- Appendix 3 - Part 2: Halcrow Loganlea Traffic and Parking Study (PDF 5140 KB)
- Appendix 3 - Part 3: Halcrow Loganlea Traffic and Parking Study (PDF 4493 KB)
- Appendix 4 - Part 1: EnGenY Station Road Infill Study Stormwater Infrastructure (PDF 481 KB)
- Appendix 4 - Part 2: EnGenY Station Road Infill Study Stormwater Infrastructure (PDF 8051 KB)
- Appendix 4 - Part 3: EnGenY Station Road Infill Study Stormwater Infrastructure (PDF 5610 KB)
- Appendix 5: AECOM Peer Review of Valencia Street Detention Basin (PDF 2188 KB)
- Appendix 6: Bitzios Consulting Logan Infill Study Station Road Precinct Site Appraisal (PDF 2918 KB)
- Appendix 7: Cardno Lawson Treloar Logan Infill Planning Study Hydraulic Report (PDF 2103 KB)
- Illustrated Master Plan (PDF 5947 KB)
- Loganlea Neighbourhood Plan Submission and Analysis Response Report (PDF 71 KB)
- Loganlea Neighbourhood Planning FAQ December 2011 (PDF 744 KB)
- Loganlea Neighbourhood Planning Project News December 2011 (PDF 2337 KB)
- Loganlea Neighbourhood Planning Project News March 2011 (PDF 18236 KB)
For further information regarding neighbourhood planning in Loganlea, please contact Council by:
07 3412 4247
Logan City Council
Growth Management and Urban Design Branch
PO Box 3226
Logan City DC QLD 4114