Draft Logan Planning Scheme
Council is currently developing a new draft planning scheme. The new draft scheme will include one set of planning rules for all properties in Logan; reducing red tape and creating a coherent plan for future growth in Logan. The draft scheme is being developed in accordance with the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 and will replace Logan's three existing planning schemes.
The new draft scheme will be used to shape future development in Logan. The draft scheme addresses a number of key topics including:
- Settlement pattern and residential development
- Centres development and employment
- Community infrastructure, transport and infrastructure
- Rural activities and the natural environment
- Natural hazards and climate change
- Design, place making and amenity.
Council has sent the draft planning scheme to the State Government to seek approval for public consultation. It is anticipated that the draft scheme will be available for community consultation in early 2014. Community consultation will run for 60 business days to allow all residents, businesses and stakeholders to review the draft scheme and have their say.
Community consultation will involve a series of mail outs, local forums and opportunities to meet Council planners.
Council will consider the community's feedback and then aims to finalise the new planning scheme by mid-2014.
The following timeline show shows the different milestones for each phase of the new planning scheme project.
For information about the new planning scheme please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 3412 4247.
As part of the new Logan City Planning Scheme process, Council prepared a formal Statement of Proposals (PDF 2731 KB).
This Statement of Proposals is an important document as it:
- Provides an opportunity for the community to gain an insight into the major challenges and opportunities facing Logan City
- Enables the community to better understand the future challenges and Council proposals to manage growth and change for the benefit of the new greater Logan
- Sets out Logan City's broad land use strategies
- Provides the opportunity for the community to make an important contribution to the process of deciding how the identified challenges and issues for Logan City can be addressed through the new Logan City Planning Scheme
Submissions closed on 23 October 2009. These submissions were reviewed and will be considered in the continuing preparation of Logan City's new planning scheme.
View a timeline of the new planning scheme project phases.