News and updates
- The submission presents Council's official response to the State Government on the Discussion Paper.
- The submission is structured on the sections of the Discussion Paper, presenting the impacts and risks of the reform option to Council, as well as recommendations to avoid or mitigate the risks and achieve a better outcome for Council and the Logan community.
- Appendix one of the submission answers the questions posed in Appendix one of the Discussion Paper.
- Appendix two of the submission provides documented evidence of the importance of parks and community facilities to the wellbeing of the community.
- The State Government released this document which proposes major amendments to the process of planning trunk infrastructure, and assessing and calculating infrastructure charges for proposed development in Queensland.
- The discussion paper is available for public consultation until 9 August 2013.
- The proposed amended infrastructure planning and charging framework will commence on 1 July 2014.
On 2 August 2013 an amendment to the SPRP was made as follows:
- Provides that all development that is required by schools to transition Year 7 from primary schools to secondary schools (The Flying Start For Queensland Children Program) is exempt from adopted infrastructure charges. This amendment supports schools in delivering critical development to support this important program.
Logan Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No. 4) 2013
The Logan Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No. 4) 2013 was adopted by council on 28 May 2013, commencing on 1 July 2013. Development applications decided on or after 1 July 2013 will have infrastructure charges applied in accordance with the Logan Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No. 4) 2013.
Download a copy of the resolution report
Resolution report only (for related maps see the list below)
This latest amendment introduces major changes in the calculation of infrastructure charges for residential development across the city. Infrastructure charges levied for non-residential development remain unchanged in this latest resolution amendment.
The resolution is in accordance with the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 (SPA) and the State Planning Regulatory Provision (Adopted Charges (SPRP) (PDF 12 KB). The SPRP sets out certain requirements for infrastructure charges including maximum charges that can be applied for different types of residential and non-residential development.
The resolution specifies charge rates, as well as covering other matters relevant to the adopted infrastructure charges such as:
- Credits for existing lawful development or for previous contributions paid; and
- Offsets for trunk infrastructure, i.e. land or works, that is provided by development
The maps associated with the resolution are contained in Section 6 (page 77):
Priority Infrastructure Plan
Charge area maps
- Water charge areas for residential development 15.2 (PDF 877 KB)
- Wastewater charge areas for residential development 15.3 (PDF 924 KB)
- Stormwater charge areas for residential development 15.4 (PDF 857 KB)
- Transport charge areas for residential development 15.5 (PDF 878 KB)
- Parks charge areas for residential development 15.6 (PDF 902 KB)
- Charge areas for non-residentail development 15.7 (PDF 906 KB)
Trunk infrastructure maps
Logan Planning Scheme Area
- Water Network Trunk Infrastructure Plan Maps 17.1a: 1-17 (PDF 3999 KB)
- Wastewater Network Trunk Infrastructure Plan Maps 17.2.a: 1-17 (PDF 4136 KB)
- Stormwater Network Trunk Infrastructure Plan Maps 17.3.a: 1-17 (PDF 5866 KB)
- Transport Network Trunk Infrastructure Plan Maps 17.4.a: 1-17 (PDF 4531 KB)
- Parks Network Trunk Infrastructure Plan Maps 17.5.a: 1-17 (PDF 3439 KB)
Gold Coast Planning Scheme Area
- Water Network Trunk Infrastructure Plan Map 17.1.b: 1 (PDF 361 KB)
- Wastewater Nework Trunk Infrastructure Plan Maps 17.2.b: 1,2,5,6 (PDF 1025 KB)
- Stormwater Network Trunk Infrastructure Plan Maps 17.3.b: 1 -12 (PDF 2112 KB)
- Transport Network Trunk Infrastructure Plan Maps 17.4.b: 1, 1a - 1d (PDF 1322 KB)
- Parks Network Trunk Infrastructure Plan Maps 17.5.b: 1 - 4 (PDF 1096 KB)
Beaudesert Planning Scheme Area
- Water Network Trunk Infrastructure Plan Maps 17.1.c: 1 - 5 (PDF 377 KB)
- Wastewater Network Trunk Infrastructure Plan Maps 17.2.c: 1 - 5 (PDF 441 KB)
- Transport Network Trunk Infrastructure Plan Maps 17.4c: 1- 2 (PDF 985 KB)
- Frequently asked questions (PDF 54 KB)
- Fact Sheet (PDF 54 KB)
- Media Release - Logan Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No. 4) 2013
- Table - example of changes to infrastructure charges under the Logan Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No. 4) 2013 (PDF 10 KB)
- Logan Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No.1) 2011 (PDF 5303 KB)
- Logan Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No.2) 2011 (PDF 3192 KB)
- Logan Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No.3) 2012 (PDF 595 KB)
To request calculation of infrastructure charges, download the Form - Request for Calculation of Infrastructure Charges (PDF 31 KB)
For more information regarding infrastructure charging:
- Phone 07 3412 4265
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Timeline of events
|21 June 2011||
|6 December 2011||
|1 July 2012||
|1 July 2013||