The Greater Flagstone Strategic Plan provides the strategic direction for development within the study area to 2051.
The centres-based approach encourages a self-contained development pattern through the creation of communities with a desirable mix of centre activities and dispersed local employment opportunities. It also supports the principles of transit orientated development.
In October 2010 an Urban Development Area (UDA) was declared over the Greater Flagstone site. The Urban Land Development Authority (ULDA) became the planning authority for Flagstone and took over the land use planning role for the area.
The strategic plan developed by Council prior to the ULDA's take over formed the basis of our input into the ULDA's land use planning for Flagstone. In October 2011, the land use planning for Flagstone was approved for the Greater Flagstone UDA Development Scheme.
- Flagstone Strategic Plan Map (PDF 2551 KB)
- Option 1 Map (PDF 4345 KB) (superseded by the Greater Flagstone Strategic Plan Map)
- Greater Flagstone Strategic Plan Report (PDF 986 KB)
- Appendix 1: Issues and Assumptions Report (PDF 9566 KB)
- Appendix 2: Options Report (PDF 4109 KB)
- Appendix 3: Flagstone Strategic Plan Maps
- Regional Context (PDF 964 KB)
- Locality: Strategic Plan Area (PDF 1265 KB)
- Major and Minor Road Network (PDF 1321 KB)
- High Frequency Priority Public Transport Corridors (PDF 1505 KB)
- Conceptual Active Transport Corridors (PDF 891 KB)
- Proposed Open Space and Parks (PDF 1396 KB)
- Vegetation (PDF 1906 KB)
- Waterway Buffers, Flood and Overland Flow (PDF 879 KB)
- Community Infrastructure Schools (PDF 1161 KB)
- Electricity Transmission Lines (PDF 1195 KB)
- Slope Analysis and Elevated Land (PDF 12595 KB)
- Primary and Secondary Freight Routes (PDF 997 KB)
- Appendix 4: Master Plan Unit Map and Land Use Intent Statements (PDF 1884 KB)
- Appendix 5: Council Consultation Report (PDF 128 KB)
- ULDA Greater Flagstone Urban Development Area Regulatory Map
- ULDA Greater Flagstone Urban Development Area Interim Land Use Plan
The Flagstone Strategic Plan Report is available by contacting Council on 07 3412 3412 or email@example.com.
|16 February 2010||Council resolved to progress Option 1 Centres as the base plan for developing the Greater Flagstone Strategic Plan. Option 1 Centres has been further refined using detailed population and employment modelling and infrastructure planning, culminating in the Greater Flagstone Strategic Plan.|
|May 2010||Background studies for the draft Greater Flagstone Strategic Plan completed.|
|May 2010||Queensland Government announces its intent for the ULDA's control over future structure planning for Greater Flagstone.|
|June 2010||Engagement commences with ULDA on land use planning and infrastructure issues.|
|September 2010||Council's final Greater Flagstone Strategic Plan completed.|
|October 2010||Council endorses Final Greater Flagstone Strategic Plan.|
|October 2010||Queensland Government declares an Urban Development Area over the Greater Flagstone Area.|
|November 2010 - March 2012||Engagement continues with ULDA on land use planning and infrastructure issues.|
|October 2011||Greater Flagstone UDA Development Scheme approved.|