Plumbing & Drainage

Plumbing and drainage applications need to be submitted for approval of all new plumbing and drainage installations. 

Domestic/Residential - lodgement of plans

Commercial - lodgement of hydraulic plans

An application form needs to be filled out prior to lodging hydraulic plans. This form includes a checklist to ensure that the hydraulic plans contain specific requirements to enable Council to assess the plans.

Visual Compliance Inspections 

Below is the application form for a visual compliance inspection of the plumbing and drainage installation.

Notifiable Minor Work

State Government requires a Notifiable Minor Work (Form 4) to be lodged with the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) for any notifiable minor work under the Standard Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2003 Schedule 2 Section 7 Part 1.  For further information please contact the QBCC on 139 333 or visit

Installation of an on-site sewerage facility

Notification of responsible person

A notification of responsible person form (Plumbing and Drainage Act 2002) is to be completed and signed by a licensed plumber or drainer, and returned to the Development Assessment branch before commencement of the installation and 24 hours prior to booking inspections.

Installation of a backflow device

If Council approves your installation of a backflow device, you will need to obtain an annual licence from Plumbing Services, phone 07 3412 5269.

Decommissioning of a HSTP polishing unit

Payment via credit card

 From 1 October 2014 a merchant service fee of 0.5% will be charged on credit card payments