Bushfire Warning for Carbrook as at 10am, Saturday 27 Feb 2016
Published: 27 February 2016
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is advising:
As at 10am, a large vegetation fire is burning in the vicinity of Beenleigh Redland Bay Road, Dee Court, Habermann Road, Coorang Road, Lagoon Road, Teviot Road and Shears Road, Carbrook, Logan.
Currently, 11 fire crews are working with water-bombing and reconnaissance aircraft to contain the blaze which broke out yesterday afternoon.
There is no threat to homes at this time however a large smoke haze is likely to affect the area and surrounds.
Motorists are advised to drive with caution and to conditions.
Residents are asked to close windows and doors and to keep medications close by if they have a respiratory condition.
If residents are concerned their property is under threat they are advised to call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
Residents should consider taking precautionary measures including:
- Putting on protective clothing;
- Drinking lots of water;
- Moving car/s to a safe location;
- Closing windows and doors and shutting blinds;
- Bringing pets inside, restraining them (leash, cage or secure room) and providing water;
- Wetting down fine fuels close to buildings;
- Removing garden furniture, doormats and other items;
- Sealing all gaps under doors and screens;
- Filling containers with water - eg bath, sinks, buckets, wheelie bins;
- Having ladders ready for roof space access (inside) and against roof (outside);
- Having a generator or petrol powered pump ready; and
- Checking and patrolling outside for embers, extinguishing any spot fires and seeking shelter as the fire front arrives.
Regular updated information will be provided on the Rural Fire Service Queensland (RFSQ) website at www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au or listen to local radio.