Boil water notice lifted
Published: 22 October 2018
The City of Logan advises residents of Cedar Vale, Woodhill, Veresdale and Veresdale Scrub that the Precautionary Boil Water Notice issued on 19 October 2018 has been lifted.
This notice applies from today, Sunday October 21, 2018.
Results of drinking water tests have complied with the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines and Queensland Government Public Health Regulations, and is safe to drink and use for all normal purposes.
What should homeowners do now the precautionary boil water notice is lifted?
- Flush all water-using fixtures for 1 minute, including in-house drinking fountain units (hot & cold).
- Drain & flush all ice-making machines in your refrigerator.
- Changing any bench-top or under bench pre-treatment filters is recommended. For large or more complex units, follow the manufacturer’s replacement guide or contact the supplier for further advice.
- No changes are required to your hot water system if operating to standard settings 50-60°C. If you have concerns, contact your licensed plumber.
- Also ensure you flush your internal service line that services your tank. Information on disinfecting your rainwater tanks here: https://www.logan.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/323971/9377064-Disinfection-of-rainwater-tank-information-sheet.pdf
If you are concerned about your health contact 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84), your local doctor or local hospital and advise them of your concerns. Should residents have any questions regarding this issue, please phone Council on (07) 3412 3412
Logan City Council would like to thank residents for their cooperation.