Community invited to transport sessions
Published: 18 September 2018
Logan residents are invited to have their say about a blueprint on how Logan City Council plans to deliver a future transport system to meet the city’s growing needs.
City Roads and Water Chairman, Councillor Phil Pidgeon, said the options are included in Logan City's Draft Integrated Local Transport Plan called Way2Go.
“This plan will have a major impact on how people are able to travel over the next 20 years,” Cr Pidgeon said.
“The results of the public consultation undertaken last year are included in the new plan and Council is now asking for community feedback to help finalise the draft.
“We’re inviting motorists, cyclists, pedestrians and public transport users to view the draft plan at logan.qld.gov.au/way2go and provide feedback on what matters most to them, either in person or online.”
Cr Pidgeon said a number of community consultation sessions were planned during September and October to enable the community to learn more about Way2Go and to have their questions answered.
“This is your chance to ensure that you have your say on this valuable plan which will help to shape our community for many years to come,” he said
The next round of community consultation will kick-off with Talk to a Planner sessions from next Tuesday (September 11) in a number of different locations. The sessions include:
- September 11 between 10am and noon at Beenleigh Customer Service Centre
- September 11 between 2pm and 4pm at Logan Central Administration Centre
- September 13 between 6pm and 8pm at Grand Plaza Browns Plains
- September 15 between 10am and noon at Logan Village – Woolworths
- September 19 between 10am and noon at Greenbank Library
- September 19 between 2pm and 4pm at Jimboomba Library and Customer Service Centre.
To be involved in one of these sessions residents can just turn up on the day.
Specific questions can be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Council will also be holding a series of information sessions about the plan during October. The information sessions are:
- October 9 between 4.30pm and 6pm at Flagstone Shopping Centre
- October 10 between 1pm and 3pm at Park Ridge Shopping Centre
- October 11 between 1pm and 3pm at Marsden Park Shopping Centre
- October 12 between 9.30am and noon at Logan North Library
- October 13 between 9.30am and 11.30am at Logan Hyperdome Library.
Residents unable to make it to an information session can have their say online at logan.qld.gov.au/haveyoursay