Logan City Council recognised with national business award
Published: 6 August 2018
A commitment to transform the way planning and development is facilitated in Logan, to deliver customer value and quality development, has been recognised with a prestigious national business award.
Logan City Council’s Development Assessment (DA) team were awarded the 2018 Australian Business Award for Business Excellence for recent initiatives they introduced to put Logan at the forefront of customer service excellence.
Acting Mayor Cherie Dalley said the award was recognition for more than twelve months of hard work.
“Planning and development is a huge responsibility for council and our team is always looking at ways in which they can innovate and do things differently to benefit the city and our customers,” Cr Dalley said.
“This Australian Business Award is a tremendous acknowledgement of our team’s outstanding work.
“Inside council, we know our team is an industry leader in the development space, but it’s great to get this external recognition.”
City Planning and Economic Development Committee chair Cr Russell Lutton said the branch had competed against a strong field of private and public sector entities to claim their award.
“The award recognises the results achieved by the team through initiatives such as mobile office capabilities, online drainage plans, the use of drones, electronic lodgement and real time reporting,” Cr Lutton said.
“We’re committed to being an innovative and dynamic city of the future, so I know the team won’t rest on their laurels with this award win.
“They’ll continue to keep pushing for initiatives that benefit Logan.”
Logan City Council Director of Strategy and Sustainability David Hansen said his team took great pride in accepting the 2018 Australian Business Award for Business Excellence.
“Our customers are at the heart of everything that we do. We’re continuously transforming the way we operate to deliver outstanding value to our customers and facilitate sustainable development in the City of Logan,” he said.
“This award is a real milestone for us, acknowledging our continued commitment to deliver a great customer experience.
Council was specifically recognised for the following initiatives:
- Mobility Program – Branch Investigators and Plumbing Inspectors having access to Council information in the field and reducing the time in which decisions reach the customer
- Drainage Plans Online – an Australian first providing a web portal for customers to access Council’s infrastructure information which also took out the top prize at the Employee Excellence Awards
- Employee Attributes Development Framework – Piloting a new position description format that facilitate the creation of a unique individual development plan that rewards individual achievement and excellence
- Drones – integration of this technology to improve decision making and evidence gathering
- Real Time Reporting – reporting that is updated hourly enabling management to move quickly to respond to increases in workload across the business and ensure compliance with our customer response timeframes
For more information on the awards see www.australianbusinessawards.com.au