Logan Listens: Residents' Survey
Council values regular feedback from our residents. It is important that we know about residents’ satisfaction with our services overall.
Each year, Council conducts an annual survey to gather information from residents about many of our services and facilities.
2018 Logan Listens: Residents’ Survey
Since 2010, Logan residents have been surveyed about their satisfaction with Council services to help us plan effectively for the needs of our growing community. The survey focuses on measuring the performance of Council in delivering services and facilities.
In 2018 the previous one telephone survey was split into two, one focusing on the services and facilities we provide the community and the second focusing on customer service. Each survey included contacting a random sampling of 800 residents and was conducted between 27 August - 10 September 2018. The random sample of residents consisted of 70% urban and 30% rural residents over the ages of 18 who have lived in Logan City for six months or longer.
The results for the 2018 survey are now in and our customer service results are excellent. The average satisfaction score for customer service was 4.4 out of 5 which rates in the ‘very high’ satisfaction category. This result shows the overall satisfaction in customer service has significantly increased in performance since 2016 and demonstrates that Council’s customer service continues to provide a high performing service to the community.
When compared against the best performing council on the IRIS Research database, Council is meeting the highest performance benchmark in the areas of animal management and supporting local business which is a significant result for Council. When benchmarked with other comparable councils on the IRIS database, our Council outperformed across a significant number of service areas, including:
- Food safety in local eateries
- Sporting grounds and facilities
- Animal management
- Community and neighbourhood centres
- Council’s swimming pools
- General waste collection
- Council-funded festivals and events
- Promoting the City
- Supporting local business
- Informing the community about Council services and facilities
- Bike routes
- Footpaths and shared paths
- Council’s sewerage services
- Council’s water supply
Find out more of Council’s outcomes by reading the 2018 Residents’ Surveys Results (PDF 727 KB)
- View the 2016 Residents’ Survey Results (PDF 2084 KB)
- View the 2014 Residents’ Survey Results (PDF 2820 KB)
- View the 2013 Residents’ Survey Results (PDF 1131 KB)
- View the 2012 Residents’ Survey Results (PDF 3912 KB)
- View the 2011 Residents’ Survey Results (PDF 1097 KB)
- View the 2010 Residents’ Survey Results (PDF 875 KB)