Frequently Asked Questions
These commonly asked questions and answers have been supplied by Council, to help you when selling a service or product to Council.
1. How can I sell my products and services to Council?
Council generally seeks quotes or tenders to buy goods, services and works. Please ensure your business is registered on both VendorPanel MarketPlace to be able to receive requests to supply a quotation and also register on LG Tender Box to review all tender opportunities. Note, registering on either website does not guarantee any work being awarded.
2. I am a local business, am I given any preference?
In line with the sound contracting principles, Council encourages the development of competitive local businesses. Council actively seeks quotations from local businesses and awards points as part of the evaluation criteria in tenders.
3. How can I get on Council’s preferred supplier listing?
All preferred supplier arrangements must go through a formal tender process. If you first register with LG Tender Box and then visit the LG Tender Box website on a regular basis you will see what tender opportunities are available. If you submit a tender and are successful then you will be placed on the preferred supplier listing, for Council staff to use.
Council may only establish a preferred supplier arrangement (PSA) where Council need the goods or services in large volumes or on a frequent basis.
4. Are there any tips on improving my chances in submitting a conforming tender offer?
- Please refer to Submit a Conforming Tender Response - Tips and FAQ Sheet (PDF 69 KB) .