Inside Page Baner

Pensioner Remissions & Concessions

General rates

Council offers eligible owner-occupiers on a maximum rate pension, a remission of up to $349.20 per year and non-maximum pensioners a remission of up to $174.60 per year.

Garbage charges

Council offers eligible pensioners on a maximum rate pension, a remission of up to 10% per year and non-maximum rate pensioners a remission of up to 5% per year.

State government pensioner subsidy

The Queensland Government also provides a 20% subsidy on rates and charges to a maximum of $200 per year as well as a 20% subsidy on the State Emergency Levy. The Queensland Government's Pensioner Water Subsidy Scheme provides an annual subsidy up to a maximum of $120 off the cost of water utility (water access and volumetric usage) charges. This subsidy is provided to eligible pensioner ratepayers residing in the South-East Queensland Water Grid area.


To be eligible for a remission on rates the ratepayer must be the owner/part owner or life tenant* of the property, live on the property permanently and have one of the following:

  • A current Queensland Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card.
  • A Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card or Pensioner Concession Card**.

* A life tenancy can be created only by a valid will, and is effective only after the death of the property owner, or by a Supreme or Family Court Order.

** You must receive a full Department of Veterans' Affairs Service Pension, full Income and Assets Tested Pension or hold an eligible Gold Card to qualify for a maximum rate Council Remission.

How to apply

Applications must be made in person at the Council's Customer Service Centres. Please present your current pension concession card and rate notice when making your application.

Your concession card must indicate the address of the property for which the application is being made. Applications cannot be accepted over the phone or via mail.

Please note rate remissions are not retrospective or pro-rata and are dependent on the Card Start date printed on your concession card and / or the date of purchase of the property. The remission is allowable on only one property at any one time.Pensioners should be further advised, it is their responsibility to keep Council up to date with changes to their pension details

Recently changed address

If you have recently sold and bought another property within Logan City and previously received a remission on your former residence, you will need to apply for a rate remission on your new residence as remissions are not automatically transferred from one residence to another if you relocate.

Further contact information

Logan City Council
Concessions Officer
Phone: 07 3412 4461

Council Customer Service Centres

General Enquiries
Phone: 13 10 21

Department of Veterans' Affairs
General Enquiries
Phone: 13 32 54

Department of Communities
General Enquiries
Phone: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)

Eligible cards

Card NameCard Example
Centrelink Pensioner Concession CardCentrelink Pensioner Concession Card

Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card (current)

Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card
Department of Veteran's Affairs Gold Card (new)Dept of Vet Affairs GC (new) 
Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card "TPI"Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card TPI

Ineligible cards

Card NameCard Example
Health Care CardHealth Care Card
Seniors CardSeniors Card
Veteran - Specific ConditionVet - Spec Cond 
Veteran - Pharmacy OnlyVet - Pharm Only
DVA Health Card - Specific ConditionsDVA HC - Spec Cond
DVA Health Card - Pharmacy OnlyDAV HC - Pharm Only